Jun 6, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #258 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll take you up on that bet. if lakers win, your L3000 is mine
biggrin.gif

Basketball? Never heard of it.
cool.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #259 of 350
Lakers weren't quite up to form tonight. I expect them to be back hungry for Game 2.

I'm still rootin for Boston, I want KG to earn that ring.

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #263 of 350
One could feel the tension and nerves last night; big time advantage for the defensive team. The contest was over as soon as Pierce had his mini Willis Reed moment. The Celtics were dialed in, and the Lakers were out of sink since.

Two stats stuck out to me. Gold was 3-14 behind the mark. If that trend continues, L.A. is done quick. Second, Green outrebounded Gold 46-33. We all know Boston was gong to win the boards. I still thought L.A. would take the series but not with that kind of margin. Lakers's fans must have cringed during the last KG sealer of a rebound jam. Gasol stared and watched the whole thing, didn't even attempt to block the bald one out.

I love playoff series. Yesterday, all the pressue was on Boston to win game one. Now I think L.A. is in the oven now for game two. Too bad we have to wait another two days! Master television must be served.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #264 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lakers weren't quite up to form tonight. I expect them to be back hungry for Game 2..

Neither was Boston, both teams were feeling eachother out. Thought Jackson summed it up wisely in the interview he did on the courtside with that reporter talking about each teams and the way the refs were matching up the contests. They let the teams play last night, that was for sure. LA hit their shots early from the field and looked good on the road considered they had not played Boston for so long. The game was how I expected it, and hope as close shall be the action going down the stretch. Hope Celtics can take the second game in Boston.

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. Lakers's fans must have cringed during the last KG sealer of a rebound jam. Gasol stared and watched the whole thing, didn't even attempt to block the bald one out..

Yeah, but Gasol did foul the dickens out of KG which should have been a 3 point play attempt for the Celts. Was Gasol that fouled PP on the 4 point play too. (only unlike the Det series, the refs got the obvious call right this time on the defense)

Jun 6, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #265 of 350
Well now, 1 down 3 to go
wink.gif

More than, "a nice little kick in the ass," as Kobe tried to dismiss it ?

What didn't suprise me was Kobes continued jumpshooting performance this year vs these Celtics of 35% or so, due to the paint(his drives) being taken away on the staple of these Celtics, help "D"; And of course, playing him tight one on one, yet soft enough to encourage the jumpshot rather than doubling, which Ray & Pierce taking turns have been able to effect consistantly. As the 24 seconds wind down from excellent team D the jumpshot close to an expiring clock becomes clutch, or not
wink.gif

Adjustments to the first halfs sucessful pick & roll (P.J. Browns experience), as well as dialing up the effort on defence, which is very very difficult in terms of energy spent, all while not fouling is key to doing so effectively.

First half we got to see league average playoff D being played by the Cs and poor for about 6 minutes in the 2nd quarter ; Whereas, by the forth quarter the Lake Show shot 25% while loosing the battle for the boards(46-33) with "The Poodle,Pau" disapearing in the second half...

Lets see how The Kobe responds after shooting, actually a better percentage(35% ?) than their first two meetings eariler this year. Still sub 40% will not get it done with the # of posessions he consumes. He must try harder to take it inside and draw some fouls and FTs for possible 3pt plays IMO, for this Lake Show team to win. Which I'm sure he will, maybe, as MIKE would
wink.gif

Worthy Finals quality hoops and coaching adjustments being played by the Cs with evidence of fine contrubutions from the bench as has been consistant year long...

I'm sure Kobe is going to have a breakout game here sometime soon, but will Pauls offensive scoring continue to cancel that out, especially with Pauls higher effecientcy and now with a tweaked ACL(?)??? Stay tuned, sports fans
smily_headphones1.gif

fun fun fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #266 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as much as i like kobe, i'm rooting for the celtics. having been a timberwolves fan for years, KG is my favorite player of all time. i think he deserves a ring and its about time that he gets one.

This is exactly me. Love the wolves, love KG, love the way Boston's playing this year.

Great game 1, some absolutely spectacular plays.

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #267 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but Gasol did foul the dickens out of KG which should have been a 3 point play attempt for the Celts.

What does that have to do with whether Gasol blocked out KG for the rebound or not? I was speaking of G's effort before the rebound, not whether a foul should should of been called on the resulting play.

Jun 7, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #268 of 350
I will say this game was great. I would venture to say that if Pierce can be effective and isn't out for the series, it'll be the Celtics. If Pierce can't play....we'll just have to see.

Jun 7, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #269 of 350
Hopefully the Celts can win it all so we can see replays of that thunderous put-back yoke by KG for many years to come. What I'd give to do that just once.

Spreading some good juju for Pierce to be ok; I'd hate to have all this buildup and hype for a series that is a big letdown because of an injury to a key cog.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #270 of 350
Wow, what a game last night. The Celtics looked sharp last night, however, I was scared even with the 18 point lead with the Lakers ability to score fast, and they did. Boston needed to hit FT's when they had the chance to seal this one up in the 3rd/4th, and they did not. Great to see the green take the first two. I hoped they would and am not really surprised.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does that have to do with whether Gasol blocked out KG for the rebound or not? I was speaking of G's effort before the rebound, not whether a foul should should of been called on the resulting play.

Just was commenting on the play that continued was all, no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back