2008 College Football Thread!
Sep 2, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #91 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If a resounding victory over perrenial powerhouse Chattanooga @Tennessee doesn't vault OU to the top of the BSC poll and redeem our last 3 BSC losses, I just don't know what will..............

^^ HA! ^^
Yabut.... ur undefeated!!!

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #92 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thing is, for a team like NU, it makes all the sense in the world to play patsies in the non-conference games. We have no shot at the national title, but non-conf wins help propel us to a potential bowl birth.

[size=medium]
Blasphemy![/size]

E - Every
S - Season
P - Pasedena
N - Nears

* I get you though
wink.gif

Watching Wilcat footbal is never dull, even when we do loose - it always has elements of excitement. After Saturday's performance, I can tell that the new Defensive coordinator has done his job and the defense is much improved (an area of which we are typically lacking). The season looks good if Bacher can get his arm together. Then we will have a Top Offensive and a Pretty Good Defense - a good combo!

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #93 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll give a shout out to another Cali school. Fresno State traveled to Jersey and handled Rutgers. Sure, this is not the 07 Scarlet Knights (Rice has gone bye bye). Still, many more will talk about the Bulldogs in a couple weeks when they beat Wisconsin and set-up to be this year's BCS buster.

Fresno St is an awesome team, every year they come out and just play and win. I can't wait to see them and Wisc play, hopefully it will be a good game.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #95 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuckymucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fresno St is an awesome team, every year they come out and just play and win. I can't wait to see them and Wisc play, hopefully it will be a good game.

I should be at that game, it's just a short ways down the road for me. FSU is certainly looking good this year, although I wonder if they'll have the same energy and excitement as back during the David Carr years. Of course a win against the Badgers should go a long way towards that. That last game of the year in Boise could be tough for them, as I don't believe they've beaten the Broncos on the road under Pat Hill. I wish they were playing USC again this year, it could have been an even more epic game than a couple years ago, which is still the most exciting sporting event I've attended.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #97 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonShine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think USC crushes Fresno State if they were to play this year.
Time will tell.

That's what one would have thought a few years ago, FSU certainly wasn't as strong as they are this year, and Paul Pinegar was hardly a consistent QB. USC was in the final year of Bush/Leinart/White and looking like world-beaters. Yet it still turned out to be a riveting matchup. I guess that's why they don't play the games on paper.

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #98 of 756
I think that it is way too early to see about USC-Fresno. They both looked pretty damn good but it was only one game, wait till a few more weeks into the season. That USC game was impressive though, very impressive, although Virginia might not be the same team as last year.

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #100 of 756
Quote:

That was a great game. I think FSU snuck up on them somewhat.
That wouldn't happen this year.
All conjecture, of course.
They do have a common opponent @ UCLA so that will be telling.

usc has a bad habit of not taking teams they expect to handle seriously. bites them from time to time.

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #101 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
usc has a bad habit of not taking teams they expect to handle seriously. bites them from time to time.

Oh hell yes, we here in Beaver land know that very well
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #102 of 756
Quote:

Oh hell yes, we here in Beaver land know that very well
biggrin.gif

standford can attest to that as well. here's hoping they don't take my buckeyes seriously in a couple of weeks. just think of us as candystripers.

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #104 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No kidding! If not for that, Carrol & Co. might be sitting on a few more national titles. 'seems every year they have a few such games, and the outcome seems to ride more on luck than anything else. Leinart had the luck, and Booty did not (for the most part).

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #105 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No kidding! If not for that, Carrol & Co. might be sitting on a few more national titles. 'seems every year they have a few such games, and the outcome seems to ride more on luck than anything else. Leinart had the luck, and Booty did not (for the most part).

yeah that is their mo. they will lose their focus against what they deem cupcakes. perhaps they are looking ahead to the next big game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back