2008 College Football Thread!
Aug 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #76 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You were VERY fortunate to win that game...a game against a team with two admittedly spotty QB's with zero experience, an inexperienced OL, and a whole new offensive scheme that's not up to speed (yet). It's a shame you don't have the grace to at least admit it.

I disagree: Michigan was hapless and the score misleading.
The Wolverines were dominated pretty thoroughly despite the score.
I know you are a fan but c'mon... it sounds more like sour grapes on your part than lack of good grace to me.

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #77 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Absolutely. As fan, I hate it. One reason I'm a big pro-playoff guy (not to start that debate) is that I think the "powerhouses" would play each other, so we would see more good non-con games. Where the BCS is concerned, I think SOS should be brought back to encourage tougher match-ups. It was a big mistake to get rid of that component. Without it, I don't see much incentive for the big schools to schedule tougher. There is more to lose than gain for a consitent national title contender.

Absolutely correct..........strength of schedule should be big factor for BCS, get rid of these cupcake match ups to run up the records

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #78 of 756
i couldn't agree more that they need to implement a playoff system. it won't happen any time soon though. they are making way too much money off the system that they have to do what is right for the game.

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #80 of 756
To further my point, this coming weekend do you all realize we will not get a SINGLE matchup between ranked opponents?

A weak Miami team playing Florida will be the marquis matchup.

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #81 of 756
^ Yes sir, it appears pretty bad. Here is some good news. Cinci has a shot to break into the top 25. That would give you a ranked match-up when the Bearcats travel to play OU
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of my friends are Aggies and they all seem to be pretty quiet leading into this season.

Yeah, my Aggie buddies have been low key as well. Props to Brimstone. He won't run away and hide like some other fans might. Guys that talk after a loss always impress me more than those that only show when things are gravy. Take labcat up there, that guy is a true CF fan.

I'm still shocked by the Aggie loss. They travel to New Mexico next. That is no automatic win, but I bet the Sherman era gets off the schnide there.

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #82 of 756
Hehe, if I only posted when things were "gravy", I would never post.

Sherman said he found "some positive things to build on" in the loss. Defense wasn't one of them, that's for sure.

Sep 2, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #84 of 756
Neuweasel sure can coach! What a fun game!
popcorn.gif

It looks like the Pac-10 just got a bit more crowded with the addition of Slick Rick. Is the SEC overrated yet?
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #86 of 756
The whole first half of that UCLA game was giving me the feeling that UT was in trouble. It felt much like the Bruins' upset of 'SC two years ago (the crown jewel of the Dorrel era?). As much as I naturally dislike the Bruins, I have to give them props for dispatching a tough foe, and sticking it to the "SEC is GOD" crowd.

Sep 2, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #87 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neuweasel sure can coach! What a fun game!
popcorn.gif

It looks like the Pac-10 just got a bit more crowded with the addition of Slick Rick. Is the SEC overrated yet?
biggrin.gif

you might be getting a little carried away there. i would hardly call the sec overrated. did you catch what alabama did to 'bcs bound' clemson? the sec is still the strongest conference out there, bar none.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #88 of 756
I also think that "Neuweasel" almost cost them the game when he took a rattled QB and asked him to get aggressive on their own side of the field in the 2 minute drill right before the half. Not sure that was the world's best coaching.

However, nice, quality win by the Bruins, who clearly have an excellent defense.

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #89 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would hardly call the sec overrated

Yeah unfortunately for some, the damn thing looks better than last year from what I have seen. UT hasn't enjoyed it's last two west coast trips. That's for sure; great game - finally!

I'll give a shout out to another Cali school. Fresno State traveled to Jersey and handled Rutgers. Sure, this is not the 07 Scarlet Knights (Rice has gone bye bye). Still, many more will talk about the Bulldogs in a couple weeks when they beat Wisconsin and set-up to be this year's BCS buster.

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #90 of 756
If a resounding victory over perrenial powerhouse Chattanooga @Tennessee doesn't vault OU to the top of the BSC poll and redeem our last 3 BSC losses, I just don't know what will..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back