2008 College Football Thread!
Aug 28, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #16 of 756
As a Ga Tech graduate I would love to scream that GT will win the ACC. Sadly we suck!
redface.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #17 of 756
as a huge ohio state fan i am a little bit worried about going to socal to play usc. i still think we will take them but i will be sweating bullets. feel free to take cheap shots at me about the last two title games. as strange as it seems i am still proud that we made it to them both.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hawkeye fan here. Feel sorry for me.

talk about a coach on a hotseat. might want to consider packing up some suitcases before the season gets too far along.

oh and i agree with skylab about mizzou being a force in the big 12. i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they took the conference from oklahoma.

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, I am not saying it WILL...but it COULD
biggrin.gif

Heh, wayyy to go out on a limb there Skylab. It must be political season with all the qualifiers floating about. FYI, Todd McShay gives NW a nice stroke in an interview on ESPN (half way through), if you haven't seen it.

--

We're live tonight gentleman. I woke up with the feel good football feeling. I'll probably concentrate Wake and Baylor until the former goes up a couple scores. That might take a quarter.

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline
Heisman- I have to pick an upset somewhere, so I'll go with Noel Devine.

Nice. ND is mister flash. I hope you stick around and talk some football SA.

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice. ND is mister flash. I hope you stick around and talk some football SA.

That I will definitely do. It sure is good to have college football back.

Anyone see that lick the NC St. QB took? That was rough. Hope he's okay.

Aug 29, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #22 of 756
That was some overall lousy QB play in that NC State - USC game. Looked like the first game of the season
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #23 of 756
Anybody watch Stanford defeat Oregon State? I was impressed...Jim Harbaugh (Michigan '86) seems to be doing some good work out there. I'll be interested to see how they do when they can't sneak up on teams any more.

Getting antsy about the opening Michigan vs Utah. I don't know what to expect, which is both exciting and unnerving. I do see that blowhard Lou Holtz is predicting that my Wolverines will lose. Maybe...but he's also predicting that Notre Dame will win 10 or 11 games this year. Uh huh...someone pin a note on his sweater so that we can be sure he gets home OK.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 756
I was interested in the new clock rules and ended up pleased despite my initial doubts. The games felt faster like the NFL, and the teams were prepared by as evident by the lack of delay of game flags, at least in the three games I surfed. I will be curious to to see how many average plays are lost at the end of the season, plus how diligent the crews are at spotting and rolling as the clock season progresses.

On the coverage side, I really don't like ESPN's new banner. It seems we lose screen real estate every year. That really annoyed me along with the persistent scroll - what happened to every twenty minutes? Sometimes, I want to take in the grandeur of sport minus the information creep. Also, poor job not consistently displaying the play clock, especially considering the new rules.

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #25 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh huh...someone pin a note on his sweater so that we can be sure he gets home OK.
rolleyes.gif

ROTFL... best line of the thread so far.

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #27 of 756
Demon Deacons looked pretty darned good!

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #28 of 756
part of this is me being an nd hater but how does charlie weis keep his job? they ran willingham out real fast. it is so good to have college football back! i had been watching tapes from last year earlier this month to tide me over. i dug out ohio state/mich, ohio state/texas, and green bay packers/dallas cowboys from last year.

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #29 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody watch Stanford defeat Oregon State? I was impressed...

Bah! I don't like that fumble out of endzone = touchback college rule.
The Oregon Ducks lost a big game as a result of that same rule last year.
Beavs had the Mo and we were looking at OT....but no.

EDIT: Stanford did deserve to win with the way they ran and with all of those Beaver turnovers.
Still.... Stanford and Oregon State will struggle to have winning seasons in the Pac 10 this year.

Aug 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #30 of 756
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonShine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah! I don't like that fumble out of endzone = touchback college rule.

The Oregon Ducks lost a big game as a result of that same rule last year.

You'll forgive me, I hope, if I'm not too broken up about how Oregon might have lost a game last year.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back