2007 HeadRoom Micro Amp vs HeadRoom Total AirHead
Dec 6, 2007 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

johnjester

New Head-Fier
first of all let me tell you what it will be used for, mainly i will be using it to power my HD650's while playing xbox 360 (through JVC SU-DH1) or listening to music on my PC, but i am also considereing the idea of picking up an ipod and would want to take this with me to power the cans, but this is just a thought, i really doubt that i will be do this, But the question is what is the differences between the 2 amps, Is there a major advantage disadvantage to either of them? the only problem i have with the micro amp is that it is ac powered and i really dont want to get any hiss of power in the audio, so just let me know what you guys think

thanks

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 4
I have Total Bithead and Micro Amp '06 and the Micro is way better amp than Total Bithead. No hiss on Micro. The new model should be clearly better.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 4
If you are using hd650s you need the micro. A total bithead would be a tragedy.

Dec 8, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i am also considereing the idea of picking up an ipod and would want to take this with me to power the cans, but this is just a thought, i really doubt that i will be do this,

the only problem i have with the micro amp is that it is ac powered and i really dont want to get any hiss of power in the audio, so just let me know what you guys think

thanks

there are 3 versions of the 2007 MicroAmp's available. one version is the Portabale MicroAmp($399) w/ optional internal DAC($199).

the Portable MicroAmp has a buit in Lithium battery and is continuosly powered by DC even when the WallSupply is connected.

maybe this could be the Amp you are looking for..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back