2006 Winter Olympics Closing Ceremonies
Feb 27, 2006 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
The closing ceremonies haven't been televised here on the West Coast yet, but thought I'd start this thread for comments, criticisms and general discussions of the closing ceremonies... what did you enjoy, hate, etc?
smily_headphones1.gif

Also seems like a good place to sum up overall impressions about the Olympics this year. Personally I really enjoyed them (particularly the ice dancing/figure skating, which I love to watch). The downhill skiing is always a blast too. I can basically take or leave everything else.

The repetitious commercials on NBC annoyed the cr*p out of me... that's my main complaint. Just got so burned out on the same stupid ads playing night after night.

I'm off to watch the closing ceremonies on TV in about a half hour... will report back with my impressions later.

Feb 27, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
The closing ceremonies haven't been televised here on the West Coast yet, but thought I'd start this thread for comments, criticisms and general discussions of the closing ceremonies... what did you enjoy, hate, etc?
smily_headphones1.gif

I hated Ricky Martin...he should just go away already. I did like the guys "flying" in the white suits though, pretty cool...

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

overall impressions about the Olympics this year.

IMO, other than hockey, snore.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 25
I am not embarassed to say that I wept like a baby this evening, listening to Andrea Bocelli at the closing ceremonies. Greatness.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

. . . overall impressions about the Olympics this year.

Bode Miller: What a bust, especially given the hype. Next time, let's find somebody who actually wants to represent his country in the Olympics and puts forth the effort that the representation of one's country on this type of stage demands. What a shame, and what an embarrasment to the U.S. and the U.S. ski team.
frown.gif
Other than that, I thought the games were pretty good. Congrats to Italy for putting on a good show, and for all their successes in the competitions.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 25
I really enjoyed it on my HDTV, especially the footage/clips during the closing ceremonies. I hate to see the Olympics end, but there is always 2010 in Vancouver!

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Next time, let's find somebody who actually wants to represent his country in the Olympics and puts forth the effort that the representation of one's country on this type of stage demands.

Apolo Anton Ohno?

I don't follow the Olympics that closely, but I will say, as an American, that boy did me proud last night in both the 500m and relay.

Best,

-Jason

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Apolo Anton Ohno?

I don't follow the Olympics that closely, but I will say, as an American, that boy did me proud last night in both the 500m and relay.

Best,

-Jason

No kidding man. Last night me and a group of about 10 guys were drinking and watching basketball and the Olympics, and Apolo's race was right before we left to go out. It was so intense, much yelling and cheering went on during the race, and USA! USA!... chants followed afterwards. Its guys like him who really make you proud to be represented by athletes like him.

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #11 of 25
wesy coaster here...was andrea at the end?

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Yep, during the closing ceremonies.

oops..i meant i am watching it now and wanted to know if i missed it so i can go to bed..was he at the beginning, middle, end of the closing ceremonies? thanks

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
oops..i meant i am watching it now and wanted to know if i missed it so i can go to bed..was he at the beginning, middle, end of the closing ceremonies? thanks

I think he was right after the Olympic flag was lowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back