2006 Sony CD Walkmans?
Oct 11, 2005 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rockphantom

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy,

I am assuming that the 2006 line up of Sony CD Walkmans will be unveiled fairly soon, as they should be available for sale in Japan by the end of year. Has anyone heard anything about the new Sony PCDP Line up?

I am hoping that the 2006 issues will be of overall higher quality than the players of recent memory.

Regards,

Milan

Oct 11, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 8
You know, I had thought the same thing.
Since the 2005 line was the "20th Anniversary" of the CD Walkman, 20 would be a logical number to stop at. How many more improvements could be made to such an old technology?

Considering that the 2005 CD Walkman line was announced in October of 2004, I believe that we will find out about the fate of the PCDP soon enough.

Regardless, I need to get a replacement for my D-NE920 which just died.

I was considering, breaking down and getting an....

GASP!
MP3 HD player.

Sure, I would experience a significant loss in fidelity, but it would be nice to have thousands of songs at my finger tips.
icon10.gif

Milan

Oct 11, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockphantom
Sure, I would experience a significant loss in fidelity, but it would be nice to have thousands of songs at my finger tips.
icon10.gif

Milan

Not with lossless, I think there are some exaggerations regarding the differences between the two...

biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 8
I must admit that the Sony NW-A series does look intriguing.
However, we have no idea how they sound or what their build quality/battery life is like.

I know for sure that I do not want an iPod.

Any suggestions for someone looking to get their feet wet in the DAP world?
I was thinking of getting an inexpensived used DAP on eBay, just to get a feel for that format.

Milan

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by isamu
WHOAH! I didn't even know Sony were STILL making Discmans!!!! Daaayum! Any discman they've made recently that can match the oldskool D-555?

I think general concensus is that quality has worsened sharply during the late 90s til now. That's why some of these older models sell for hundreds on ebay.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back