2005 Texas Meet
May 18, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 8
The HeadRoom tour has Wednesday, June 8th set aside for Texas, but there isn't any information on a meet.

I guess no one has stepped up to host it yet. I would do it, if I knew the first thing about putting together something like this. I don't know of any places to have a meeting and I certainly couldn't afford to rent a place.

May 18, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm in a similar boat. If I had at least attended one in a past, I could probably pull it off. I'll have a newborn in the house on June 8th, so if I know what's good for me, I wouldn't try then anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardbop
I would do it, if I knew the first thing about putting together something like this.

Do you have a garage? A bigger than two bedroom house? Don't be too worried, just tell people you'll do it and be wiling to have your coffee table littered with headphone gear.

May 19, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Tyll,
I asked the wife tonight about the possibility of having the houston meet at the house and she asked who and how many. She laughed hysterically when I said probably 20 to 30 headphone geeks! The 8th is a Wednesday which would require a vacation day but maybe I can pull this one off.

May 23, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 8
There's far too little room in my apartment for a meeting of any size.

My apartment complex has a room of some sort that they offer for such occasions, so there is the possibility of booking that. I'll check with them this week.

EDIT: Make that tomorrow. I didn't realize how little time we have to set this thing up. It doesn't seem like there are many Head-Fi-er's in Houston, so I guess I can't wait for someone else to step up.

I'm on the West side of Houston, just a mile off of Beltway 8 and just North of Westheimer. Would this be a good location for everyone? It's pretty easy to get to and possibly easier for those who want to travel from other cities.

If the room is free and there are no problems booking it, I'll go ahead and do so. I believe the room is free to rent for tenants and that they only require a refundable deposit.

I'm going to post this in your sponsered thread, Tyll

Here's what I have set up: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...98#post1405498

May 26, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 8
I am a Texas HeadFier now...officially
smily_headphones1.gif
Just got in here yesterday and started work this morning.

I am open for a Houston meet and the 8th sounds good...a bit of a drive to Houston but it should be worth it.

gs

May 26, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 8
gsferrari - I am on the West side, just a mile or two South of I-10. I know it's a bit of a drive, but it would be great if you could come. I have an open couch, too, if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back