2004 Metallica Tour?
Mar 2, 2004 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zachary80

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone gone to a concert from their Madly In Anger With The World tour?

I am most likely going ($75 floor tickets), but am not sure how much Saint Anger is going to be played.

Mar 2, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 11
I saw it, and i have to say the tour poster is amusing. All of the members appear to be balding, begging the concept of exactly why these guys are on tour to begin with.

As for how much of st. anger being played, probably far too much. I suppose i'm really not a fair judge of that though, the last metallica album that i liked was justice

Mar 3, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 11
From what I have heard -- they play just as well as ever. I don't really understand how you can prefer listening to their CD's over their live performance
confused.gif
Plus I already have their albums
smily_headphones1.gif

I have never been to one of their concerts, but would like to before they start dieing off.

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #5 of 11
Woo Hoo!! I alread have tickets! Im not exactly sure where im sitting though...i forgot, heh heh. Im so stoked though, its going to be amazing. (just aslong as they dont play too much st. anger...sorry but i have to say that was their worst album)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 11
i got floor tickets somehow to the 2nd show in calgary. but, i have heard from previous shows that they play st anger and frantic then move on to the old stuff.

Mar 3, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 11
Say what you will about the current state of Metallica (which, as far as studio material is concerned - SUCKS!), they still kick ass live. I saw them on last year's Summer Sanatarium tour, and they were in great form and still know how to put on a great show. They only played 2 from St. Anger (thank God - they both weren't that good). I don't know if I'd dig a concert centered around that album, but if they kept it down to a minimum, I'd definitely want to go.

Mar 3, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 11
I am about to loose my virginity and finally see this band live on June 15 and then again on June 27 if I manage to reschedule my everyday life (and I will - at any cost). I was ready to kill and eat fresh human flesh for an opportunity to see them live until about 10 years ago, but things somewhat changed over the years and they nosedived out of the Premier League of my favorite bands and artists.

But the moment I remember all those highschool parties, rivers of alcohol and amounts of wheed which I consumed while rocking along the riffs from their first five studio albums and Binge & Purge, I instantly become utterly horny about going to their live show.
biggrin.gif

I saw them on TV couple of weeks ago banging Blackened and it looked and sounded very very very strong.

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
Woo Hoo!! I alread have tickets! Im not exactly sure where im sitting though...i forgot, heh heh. Im so stoked though, its going to be amazing. (just aslong as they dont play too much st. anger...sorry but i have to say that was their worst album)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The reason I was wondering about the amount of St Anger was so that I could AVOID it if it was the majority. Tickets go on sale here this Sunday.

It looks like they will be playing songs starting with the oldest and leading up to St Anger, which would be great because then I can leave early
biggrin.gif

I wish they were still playing the Sanitarium tour, from what I read it would have been awesome.

Mar 4, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 11
Just found a tracklist from the Pheonix concert:

Blackened
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Kirk Doodle #1
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
King Nothing
Holier Than Thou
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Battery
St. Anger
Kirk Doodle #2
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman
Breadfan
Hit The Lights

It looks GREAT to me
smily_headphones1.gif

update:
Today I went out and got floor tickets, seat 112.

Here is another concerts listing:
Blackened
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Kirk Doodle #1
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
I Disappear
St. Anger
Sad But True
Creeping Death