2000 or 2001 Rolling Stone Article about world class system for a few hundred
Mar 1, 2014 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Falcon10275

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys/Gals,

This is a longshot, but I am hoping someone still has this article or knows where I can find it without me having to buy 24 issues of rolling stone looking for it.

Here is the deal back in end of 2000 or 2001, I remember reading an article in Rolling Stone about how to create an incredible home audio system with some of the best components ever made in the 70's/80's/90's  for under a $1000    It had 2 speakers,  one of the best CD players ever built,   one of the best turn tables,  and the rest required I cant remember maybe an amp or receiver or something, but the prices were affordable since many if the items mentioned were a decade or older.   But I have recently turned 40 and I think its time I finally built a great setup in my home (for reasonable money).   

I haven't located the article online.  Does anyone have the magazine and remember the specifics of the components the mentioned?

I'm basically looking for the highest quality 2 channel system that I can get to listen to vinyl and CD's.  I really want an excellent set of headphones but I am not ready to open up that hornets nest on this forum just yet.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 2
holy cow, I found it, 2001

http://dysarm.com/the-budget-audiophile-rolling-stone/

do you guys agree with this article?  lets start with speakers since they are prob most important

Rogers or Chartwell. The LS3/5A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back