~200 usd in ear headphones recommendation
Aug 26, 2016 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

idontthinkso

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something under 200 dollars. Right now I was sort of interested in the sony xba h3 and sennheiser ie80.

The sonys and sennheiser seem quite contrasting. The sennheiser doesn't really stick out much from the ear, while the xba h3. I haven't listened to any of them, so I don't know how different they sound, that's pretty much why I posted here, have no idea what to pick.
I'll admit I'm not much of an expert in the field, though I do have earphones on for hours every single day. I would prefer a bit of a warm sound, and a decent sound stage. Looking forward to the suggestions!

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 6
Check out the Mee Pinnacle P1

Lot's of reviews, info, and comparisons in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794787/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-199-dynamic-driver-flagship-reviews-2nd-post

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 6
I second the P1. Or the Klipsch X11.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 6
I looked into Mee Pinnacle P1, however it's not available in my country, and amazon sadly says they'll be available for my country in 1-2 months.

I'll look into the Klipsch.

I have to mention: I'd like something that is able to make a bit of an impact on your bones from the bass when it's really loud? I'm not saying I want something exaggerated, but some impact then the volume is up would be nice.

That's kinda why I was looking into the old xba h3, saw some folks on these forums say that they can come close to feeling as impactful as over the ear models.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Read the reviews on the Klipsch X10. The X11 and X12 are all the same IEM, just newer models with better built quality. But the drivers and sound are the same.

The bass on these are renowned for their weight and impact.

Aug 27, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Also look into the RHA ma750 and t10. The t10 are warmer than the ma750, and both are under your budget and have a 3 year warranty.
I own the ma750, and while the mid bass won't "rattle your bones" the sub bass has surprised me several times with it's depth and impact. When looking at the t10 I read several reveiws that said it was warmer than the ma750, which at times I find a bit bright, so they may be good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back