<200$ Sound for a newbie :D
Mar 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JosePerez

New Head-Fier
Hi, i'm new to the Forum,

I don't consider myself an audiophile but, as the majority of the people, i like to listen to music while i'm at the PC. So i'm considering buying a 2.0/2.1 set. Right now all i have is the soundcard, an Asus Xonar DGX, so i was wondering what you guys can recommend for under 200$. I'll be buying from Amazon and only from Amazon, that's because i'm from Venezuela, and Amazon is the only site that accepts Venezuelan Credit Cards (sad isn't). I did a little research and notice alot of users here recommend the M-audio Av40 or B5x-D2, other guys recommend the klipsch ProMedia or the Audioengine's A2. Also i got a little confused with the Powered Speakers/no amp situation. The Xonar DGX has a headphone amp so i'm don't know if i can use that with the mentioned speakers... So what would be the best choice? I'm open to other config recommendations... 

Thx in advance... 

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 6
If you have the space for some bookshelf speakers then have a look at this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 6
I´ve just bought the Audioengine A2, from Amazon.  When they arrive, I´ll post my impressions.
(Use the Line-out from the soundcard to connect the analog amplifier input)
Best regards !

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 6
The A2 arrived today !  Sound quality is much better than my former Edifier M3400, excepting for the "deep" bass.  No problem, I´ll plug the Edifier´s subwoofer to the  Audioengine free input. 
The best spent US$200,  ever !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back