$200 price range- V-moda m80 similar headphones
Jun 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NeutralEnergy

New Head-Fier
Sooo,
I used to have the m80s and I really enjoyed them quite a bit. But I was stupid (and tired) and they got stolen (I know, I know :/ ). So I'm looking for a pair of "replacement" 'phones. I've got the AD900s and love em, but there are times when I want a bit more 'oomph', to which the answer used to be the M80s. They were also the headphones I carried around with me. So I've been searching around on google and am hearing that a lot of what people pay for when they buy the m80s is the style and I, frankly, don't give a crap about style. So are there any suggestions for a semi-portable pair of headphones that may sound similar to the m80s (tight bass, but not basshead style, bass oriented)? I'll be using these with the Note 2 (Wolfson DAC), and it'd be nice if they are at least semi-portable (unlike the AD900s; it may have been better to place this thread into the portable headphones section but I'm not basing my search on headphones that are made to be portable- if anyone wants me to move the thread, or they can do so, feel free to say something/move the thread). I'll be listening to dubstep and some laid back glitch. Overall pretty techno-ey music. I've thought for a long time about the ATH-M50s. People seem to really like them, but a lot of these people seem to be fan-boys/girls. I've also heard that its bass is "heavier" than that of the m80s, which doesn't entice me too much because it gives me an impression that there's more of it (for bass-heads) and that it's less articulate for dubstep-type music, made more for hiphop/rap style music (which I don't like very much). Forgive me if I'm ranting on, just trying to give some info for some badly needed advice. Any and all replies are very greatly appreciated. Thanks all,

Neutral

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 2
M50 has more bass than M80 
confused_face_2.gif

The Philips Fidelio L1 might be what you're looking for. They're $200 on Amazon right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back