<$200 portable amps with optional DC power?
Sep 6, 2004 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 9
I think you should check Headsave, the vibe and classic has gotten great reviews, and both are inside your budget.

Another option would be to order a PIMETA, MisterX has a very nice setup for this amp, and a good affordable price.

Good luck,

Sep 6, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 9
The new Xin SuperMono will likely use the same enclosure as the Mini Moy, and the base model is rumored to be ~$200. You may want to consider waiting for reviews of it. Will be another portable, AC/DC option.

Sep 7, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orubasarot
Also, do these things exist with both a line in and RCA inputs?

The RCA inputs are a line level input. Do you mean both a pair of RCA inputs (L/R) and a 3.5mm (1/8") mini input?

Sep 8, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Another vote for the Go-Vibe at $65 - a solid value. I had Norm build mine with a DC jack (added a few bucks).

I recently had a relative who's pretty nutty about audio check it out at a family gathering, using his Shures and his source material. His summary? "If you told me you paid $300 for it, I'd say, OK, but that's a bit much for me. At $65 I'd definitely get one."

After five minutes with it, he couldn't go back to listening to his 3G iPod's headphone out without grimacing.

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

I'm just guessing that using RCA is better than using my soundcard's headphone jack with a mini to mini.

Well, an amp doesn't make a difference if you're going to connect it to the source's headphone out anyway. You should always connect the amp to the line out, and the SQ doesn't matter whether it's a RCA or mini jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back