200$ Canal Phones
Apr 29, 2007 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

En_R

100+ Head-Fier
Some recommendations? (I have Shure E2cs, marshmallows, and a Koss KSC75)

The music I listen to will (mostly) test the headphone's mids-highs, though I love piano pieces, and that sometimes require a deeper bass extension.

I very much appreciate detail and accuracy.

Also I have looked at:

Super.Fi 5 pro
Etymotic ER4S/P (I seriously like these)
Shure E4c's

In this price range I'm sure that nothing beats these headphones for the music I'm listening to. But the question is which one?? Please, if you have experience with either 2 or 3 of these give me some side-by-side comparisons.

But I was also wondering if the Shure E5 or um2's could be gotten in the 220-230 range..

Also I WILL be buying a hi-quality portable amp soon (Hornet/Tomahawk, or if I get the ER4's maybe a Supermicro)

Apr 29, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 8
5PRO sounds much better than E4C. You need to determine if you like the way the 5PRO will fit (sticking out of the ear opposed to a flush fit).

You should also check the new Shure SE210. Design, fit and comfort wise these are better than the ones on your list, and will deliver more detail on mids and highs without compromising the balance like the E4C does.

Sound wise: 5PRO
Better comfort/fit and compromising on sound: SE210

Apr 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Flavio, why don't you sell the Etymotic?

EDIT: oh, I see them right now

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 8
since ur getting an amp, ER-4S. Supermicro IV and ER-4S, or any decent amp and ER-4S has terrific synergy. The amplifier gives it a wide soundstage, removes harshness, improves bass, and fixes all the issues of ER-4 when used by itself, so all ur left with is highly detailed, "live" sound.

don't think about spending any extra dough on UM2's. they are a lot more veiled and less detailed. or SF5, which is a worse version of UM2. E4c is a slightly worse version of ER-4

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 8
Flavio: How do the 5pro measure up the Ety's?

I agree with bellsprout- but I am reconsidering the amp- due to portability issue.

Also- Anyone know if the Shure e500pth (new) can be bought for a price below 250$? - - Or the Westone um2's for under 200?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back