~$200-300 amp (apologies, yet another what should I get for my HD650's thread)
Jan 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Geruvah

100+ Head-Fier
Apologies for another one of these threads. The reason why I ask is because my budget isn't $500 or wanting a portable amp.

I have a stock HD650 coming in (recabling will be done later) and I'm looking for an amp. Honestly, this part is really intimidating. It seems there's more choices and information to gather when it comes to this part that it made choosing my headphones seem easy (and deciding to even get them in the first place even easier).

-Complete newbie with this.
-I don't have a DAC...yet. I'm also looking for an entry-level one.
-The source will be my desktop computer (Mac Pro: Has Optical out and USB) but I'll see what I can do since finding one with a USB connector is hard to find.
-I think I'll prefer tubes for now, but that doesn't mean I'm shutting away the SS. From what I read, I think I'll prefer the sound from tubes, though the SS may help with supplying me with more sparkle in the treble, no?
-I won't be modding it.
-External power through a wall plug.

Sorry if there needs to be more information provided. This is the very first headphone amp I'm getting but certainly not the last thanks to this place.

These were ones that I noticed as I looked.
-Little Dot MK III or maybe I can stretch for the MK IV
-FubarIII USB DAC with Headphone Amp.
-The Lunch Box

I wouldn't mind that Darkvoice 336SE, if the shipping wasn't so much. Thanks for any help in this tiring subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back