$20 IEMs?
Nov 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

redme

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to buy a cheap pair of IEMs (around $20) and I need recommendations.  The headphones that I use most of the time right now are my UE 6000s, but I was hoping to get some cheap IEMs that I could just throw in my backpack and use on the go.

In terms of SQ, I was looking for something that is somewhat balanced (slight bass emphasis would be fine, but definitely nothing too overpowering).  At this price point, however, I don't really know if that's possible...

Anyway, I was currently considering the Meelectronics M9 and Philips SHE 3580 based on reviews I've read in these forums.  Any suggestions or new recommendations?

Thanks for the input!

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 6
What about that cheap $7 monoprice or from what I've read the JVC FX40 is pretty good.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 6
  I'll be watching this thread to see what advice you get, just letting you know I posted a fairly similar question and I may get answers helpful to you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/689359/iem-sub-30-question-dunu-trident-vs-brainwavz-delta-vs-cw31-vs-m9-sl

Thanks for sharing this!  I'll check it out
What about that cheap $7 monoprice or from what I've read the JVC FX40 is pretty good.

I've heard good things about the monoprice 8320s as well, but I'm worried over the fit...

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I just remembered the sony xba-1 can be had for around $25 if you shop around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back