$20 bucks and some spare parts!Want to upgrade some bad headphones into quality ones?
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #16 of 26
^ someones a little angry.....,
Anyways the original headphones are 70 ohms.
The other drivers were spare parts, so usuming that you have a small set of junky headphones that you don't care about you use those drivers, really any driver doesnt matter, just needs to fit.
Parrallel, i thought that was kinda obvious.
And an amp really isn't nessacary but i dont see why you wouldnt want to

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #17 of 26
I'd be assuming that the Earbuds that were used have anywhere from 16-32 ohms, no more thatn 32.

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 26
I got an idea! Does anyone have a clue what effect drilling holes in the cups of my closed über-cheapo HP200's would make? Would it make them better or worse? Is it worth trying?

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpe_91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an idea! Does anyone have a clue what effect drilling holes in the cups of my closed über-cheapo HP200's would make? Would it make them better or worse? Is it worth trying?

Thats exactly what im now doing with these. Im drilling 1/16 holes to try and get a more airy sound, all update the thread after im done, there are a lot of holes to drill.......
All tell you how it works.

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by XGJFilmsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And an amp really isn't nessacary but i dont see why you wouldnt want to

But knowing what sort of amplification you are working with will help determine what they can be run on. But since we don't know the impedance of both sets of headphones, you could now have 70-Ohm + 32-Ohm or maybe 70-Ohm + 300-Ohm.
confused.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 26
Sir, you have to be using some sort of amplification or you could not use your headphones at all.

Umm... I don't know. When I first saw the thread title I thought, "Oh sweet, everyone wants to get relatively good sound from relatively cheap headphones, am I right?" But instead it was a "hay guys i installed x drivers in tandem with y drivers and got z result" and is splintering into other interesting directions. I think the thread has potential, but I misinterpreted the title and was consequently disappointed. No matter.
smily_headphones1.gif
Keep modding! Sorry for the drama.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #25 of 26
Are the pads on these thick enough to keep the grill off of your ear? I always wanted to remove the grill from in front of the drivers on mine, but the pads are not thick enough to allow this. I'm afraid my ears would hit the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back