2 Version of Sudgen Headmaster?
Sep 23, 2001 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

anders213

Head-Fier
Quote:

2 Class A Headphone Amplifiers are lanched in September. The price of these amplifiers will be at approx £175.00 and £299.00. The more expensive unit will have three inputs and can be used as a standalone pre-amplifier if required. Both units have a regulated power supply and an Alps precision volume control...

Quoted from the Sudgen unofficial website. Is it true?
Link: http://www.arpanet.demon.nl/news.htm

Anders

Sep 23, 2001 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 10
I also found info on this amp whilst doing research for my recent purchase. It appears Sugden in fact make another amp that I can't remember the name of. I think it had something to do with "Sci" though. Can't seem to find the page where I read about it again either.

Sep 25, 2001 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 10
Hey anders,

That webpage you saw is quite dated. 1998? 1999? I don't think it holds true anymore.

I think there is only 1 Sugden Headmaster.

To be sure, you can email Sugden at...er...can't remember the email address but it can be found at their website at www.jesugden.co.uk

From my experience they are quite responsive.

Sep 25, 2001 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 10
Finally received my Le Amps monoblock power amps. They are very sweet. Very powerful. Unfortunately that means I won't be letting go of my Sugden Headmaster (not that I would) and Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista interconnects. What it means though is that I will be letting go of my Class A Single Ended Ultralinear 35W tube integrated amp. Unfortunately, that one doesn't have any headphone out. Very sweet, very musical amp. Sounds incredile on vocals and acoustics but just not enough punch for rock and mainstream music. Might also let go of my speakers. Need a new speaker which can go down at least 40Hz.

Sep 25, 2001 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 10
Congrat on those fine system of yours.
But do keep me informed of your Sudgen status.
biggrin.gif

Regards
Anders

Sep 25, 2001 at 8:09 AM Post #9 of 10
Better not wait for me. I'm not letting it go anytime soon if at all. Should have taken up my offer when I first offered. That time I might be willing to let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back