2 Simple Questions About Sennheiser Hd555
May 11, 2006 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

invisiblegun

Head-Fier
Hey was thinking of buying a pair of the Sennheiser Hd555's but as I have never had any experience with open-air headphones, had two questions.

1) Will I be able to walk down a quiet street with these on and enjoy myself in the sound? I understand you cannot expect to be in the middle of a city, but you do not have to literally be in your room correct?

2) What's the cord noise like? Sorry don't know the technical term..but I mean for when the cord slides against your clothing and you hear it in the headphone. I have a pair of the HD-25-1's and this is a minor annoyance with them...is this the same with the 555's?

Thanks I hear it is a wonderful headphone..

May 11, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 8
1) yes, youll be fine in a quiet street
2)The cord noise will not be a big deal, only the most anal nitpickers can complain. I havent heard the hd25 but I am pretty sure the cord noise will be much less since it isn't a sealed can

May 11, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 8
1. I'm sorry I'm still laughing my *** off at the visual of someone walking down the street with the huge 555 on their head. I own the 555, I can hear the tv at low volume with them on, but music drowns it out. But the tv at medium volume that I normally listen to tv at, I can hear it even when music is playing. In other words, sound gets in fairly easy I say. On that street you'll hear dogs barking, cars, possibly a bird or two, I would guess, I wouldnt be seen in public with them on.

p.s.
In fact I find myself having to mute the television when I have them on

2. I dont notice any "microphonics" if thats what its called.

May 11, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblegun
Hey was thinking of buying a pair of the Sennheiser Hd555's but as I have never had any experience with open-air headphones, had two questions.

1) Will I be able to walk down a quiet street with these on and enjoy myself in the sound? I understand you cannot expect to be in the middle of a city, but you do not have to literally be in your room correct?

2) What's the cord noise like? Sorry don't know the technical term..but I mean for when the cord slides against your clothing and you hear it in the headphone. I have a pair of the HD-25-1's and this is a minor annoyance with them...is this the same with the 555's?

Thanks I hear it is a wonderful headphone..

Yep and none. You'll love them as much as your music. There a little on the large side for walking down the street. But if you dont care about appearance? than no big deal.

May 11, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by photek
1. I'm sorry I'm still laughing my *** off at the visual of someone walking down the street with the huge 555 on their head.

I wear my hd555 portably in good weather.
plainface.gif
Yeah, I get a few looks, but who cares?! The music sounds so sweet that its easy to ignore those who stare.

May 11, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 8
People think the 555s are big? Lol. get some A900s to experience big.

edit - Heh, Jecklin Floats are just ludicrous! Same as the K1000s for that matter!

Looks-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back