2 questions about a900 mod!
Sep 30, 2005 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
firstly, i took the DADS foam out - how do i put it back in? i think i liked it more when it was still in. well i took it out so the sticky stuff stayed on hte drivers... so i guess... i need to stick it back in som way....
glue? tape? blutack?

2nd, acutally i think the mod is excellent, but one thing, the overall sound is a LITTLE bit muffled.
now its lush mids, good bass, but some of the highs and the vocals are a little muffled. everything else like the mids are a LITTTLE muffled.

would this be anything to do with the amount of blue tac? i used quite a lot actually, after i saw someone just using an eye ball size cup.

Oct 1, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 5
also,

abt putting cotton wool behind the driver, do you need to separate blal and make it kinda spreadout equally behind the driver, or do u just stick it in just like that?

thanks a lot , i appreaciate the help
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey
Just slide the donut around the cylinder with the cable hanging out.
DO not glue it

The cotton tends to muffle things, take that out, and the blutac
remove some of if and thin it out or take some around the edges as well.
This will be a better balance. You cannot overdo this mod, its a sensitive mod and a little goes a long way to increase volume in mids. I now can get a pretty even response
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #4 of 5
so what do you recommend?

Blue-tac with the dads still there? with no cotton?

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt
so what do you recommend?

Blue-tac with the dads still there? with no cotton?

Personally I never did the modding of my A900s. I was happy with the sound they had. If I ever wanted something more I move up the AT lines. I just not into modding and didn't want to break anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back