2 portable systems - fill in the blanks...
Apr 27, 2007 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ooztuncer

500+ Head-Fier
Well, perhaps you have already seen my posts in the for sale section that I am looking to set up 2 portable rigs. I will not be buying any gears but rather trading against some of my stuff for a month.

Now, I have several options and I did some research but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to mp3 players & iem's. Can you please help me out to decide which one to select for a better synergy and sound quality.

GAME: I already have the iriver h120, micro dac, and tomahawk. For the rest, I will put numbers in below systems and then write the options. Please select the best options for those numbers:

First rig:
iriver h120 > micro dac > 1 (amp) > 2 (iem)

Second rig:
3 (source) > tomahawk > 4 (iem)

Now options:

1: tomahawk, go vibe version 5 (already got offers for those two but should I look into another amps. Also I will have a tomahawk in the second system so perhaps getting 2 tomahawks is not an ideal solution)

2 and 4: got offers for shure e4c, westone UM2, UE superfi.5, sony mdr-ex71 should I look into other cans (i am not a basshead and prefer high resolution, full bodied, dynamic headphones with tight bass)

3: 2nd generation ipod nano with alo cotton dock, microsoft zune, or ipod video 5.5g

I hope I didn't confuse you too much, lol. Thanks...

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 3
for options 2 and 4, you might want to take a look at the etymotic IEM's. Haven't heard them personally, but are supposed to be very detailed. the UE's and Sony's would not suit you as they have a lot of emphasis on bass. The Shure E4c's are pretty decent too, but are good "general good sound" phones.

option 3: if you're using an amp, I'd recommend an iPod because of its line-out, which works extremely well with an amp. the one you get completely depends on how much space you want and if you want flash vs. hdd memory.

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks amigo! So, I have decided #3 as 2nd generation 8gb nano + alo cotton dock...

It's harder than I expected to separate people from their shure e500 or er-4p even for a month
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back