2-pin IEM cable with GOOD microphone?
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ZzBOG

100+ Head-Fier
I tried 2 Null Audio cables and their microphones are really bad (one cable also fell apart after a year - wow $99 well spent).

Is there a 2-pin IEM cable that is reasonably sturdy and also has good microphone? And doesn't cost more than $100.

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 2
Following this thread.

I got the massdrop plus IEMs on the way. Apparently the 2-pin 0.78mm connectors are rather loose, and there is no mic available.

Penon cables are supposed to be good, but no mic (penon cs819 is about 50 bucks, good build quality).

KZ cables are supposed to work, but im extremely wary of chi-fi. Enough so that i'd sooner just try to build the cable myself. At least I'd have enough parts left over to make more cables should the first fail, or sell them if i make them nice enough.

I havent found any bluetooth adapters (at least with apt-x if not apt-x HD and/or LDAC) that will work, and none of the ones i've found (even with mmcx) have any mention of output specifications (impedance, voltage/current or power, etc). None seem to have a user-replaceable battery. Not something you'd care about below 50 bucks but definitely something to consider above that price point.

Plussound audio seems to have a bluetooth cable but it is hilariously expensive. Again, 0 output specs listed...not even battery life.

Fiio and Meelec dont have anything. Seems westone has switched to mmcx or something, cant find anything there either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back