2 Little Dot MK III Questions
Jul 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Now known as kpfeifle
Hi All:

Getting really close to getting one of these.  Read through the 166 pages of tube rolling posts and found some great information.  I do have some other questions: looks like a standard adapter for the power cord.  Anybody see any improvements with an after market power cord?  Second question...I was floored when I found out I could pick the color of the LED.  Now I'm really thinking about this...what did you choose?

Kevin

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Hi All:

Getting really close to getting one of these.  Read through the 166 pages of tube rolling posts and found some great information.  I do have some other questions: looks like a standard adapter for the power cord.  Anybody see any improvements with an after market power cord?  Second question...I was floored when I found out I could pick the color of the LED.  Now I'm really thinking about this...what did you choose?

Kevin

Heya,

I have a LDMK3. Didn't notice any difference swapping power cords. My LED is blue. Frankly though, mucking around with cabling when you're using a $200 amp is not going to yield huge improvements. It's a $200 amp. I wouldn't spend 25% or 50% on cabling and stuff from a $200 amp and surely not to feed headphones that are not able to actually take advantage of it all or be perceivable.

That said, I love my LDMK3. It's very powerful. It will drive your phones, no matter what they are. My Ultrasone Pro 900's have a new musical/warmth quality to them and literally sing. I love it. Everything is so crisp and sharp and extension and sound stage are just gorgeous to me. Also makes my DT990's sing. Can't recommend the combination enough.

But again, don't get caught up in cabling yet. Get the amp, or an amp for that matter, and listen to your headphones before you start thinking about spending on cabling and power cords. Do blind tests. You may find you spend money and hear no difference.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back