2+ Gig Player W/Ogg Support?
Jan 5, 2006 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dino9832

New Head-Fier
So many sexy DAP's, but no ogg support.
mad.gif

The Rio Karma looks like it's being discontinued.
The Iriver H10 dosen't support ogg.

Is the Iaudio X5, M5, M3 the only solution?
Are there any players that support ogg with a firmware upgrade?
Any new players on the horizon?

I'd like to keep the cost around $200. I also use Linux so the DAP appearing as a harddrive is a big plus.
Thanks!

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 7
The Karma is already discontinued, as are all Rio products. Rockbox supports ogg, so any dap that has a version of Rockbox out (such as the H1x0 and 3x0 series) will support ogg if you change over to Rockbox. Like you said, all of Cowon's support ogg. I'm sure more are out there they're just escaping me at the moment.

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 7
iAudio U3 has Ogg - size up to 2GB (so far, I think 4Gb expected eventually)
iAudio U2 has Ogg as well, but I'm not sure if the biggest size of that model is 1GB or 2GB

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oga
iAudio U3 has Ogg - size up to 2GB (so far, I think 4Gb expected eventually)
iAudio U2 has Ogg as well, but I'm not sure if the biggest size of that model is 1GB or 2GB

2Gb maximum for the U2 as well.

Jan 8, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 7
It seems Iaudio is the way to go. I have a 512M G3 and it works great! Unfortunately, the backlight went out. It's still under warrenty. In the mean time I was thinking of getting another DAP. Especially since I've started using Q9 ogg which is taking up quite a bit of space.

Last night I wrote a Linux script that will copy a randomized selection of my whole music collection to the G3. This will give me an ever changing variety of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back