2 Cents on ZOTL & AKG K1000
Nov 16, 2001 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DRCope

Head-Fier
Just 2 cents worth to put one combination to rest:

The ZOTL doesn't have enough juice to drive the AKG K-1000's. You can hear it; it's really clean and pretty, but it can only do justice to a binaural recording of a kazoo solo made with the mike about 15 feet away.

The Senn 600's and the ZOTL are as wonderful as I remember, however.

Next step is to rearrange the heck out of my system so I can get the Paramours back side-by-side to hook up the AKGs and run the ZOTL/Senn combo against the Paramour/AKG K-1000 combo.

Nov 16, 2001 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Best of luck to you! I hope you are successful. The K1000's are unbelievable with the right amp.

The SAC-K1000 driving the K1000 is so incredible, I hardly ever listen to anything else any more. With the sub, they do everything right. It's the next best thing to reality.

Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2001 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
The AKGs look so akward though.

Unless you listen while sitting in front of a mirror, who cares?

Nov 16, 2001 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 7
I hardly ever do my listening on stage.
rolleyes.gif

I know the AKG's and the Paramour are extraordinary together. Now I get to compare them to the ZOTL/Senn combo, which was my previous standard for phones.

If it goes the way I think it will, I may have to build another pair of Paramours for headphone listening, since the first pair sits about eight feet apart behind their respective speakers, and the silver speaker cable is soldered directly to the output transformers.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2001 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by domer2004
The combo from Meier-audio kwarth?
Brett

Yup, that's the one. K1000 + SAC EURO 1000,- / $ 900,-

Then add a good external sub cossed over at 45Hz and you're set!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back