Feb 20, 2005 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Oink1

Headphoneus Supremus
I've just installed my AV710 for musical enjoyment and i'm loving it
tongue.gif
but....
....Now my Logicrap z640's sit lifeless
frown.gif
- I should point out that due to my PC being situated in the living room i've never used the 640's as 5.1 - just the sub,fronts and centre.My question is this - How can i use my onboard Soundstorm audio for system/gaming/iTunes streaming duties yet still keep the Chaintech for 'serious' duties?
confused.gif
Is this even possible?
confused.gif
Is there some way of connecting the 640's to the Chaintech?
confused.gif
(As i'm using it in hi-res to output to my Classic/'phones the 7&8 socket is in use and this would normally be occupied by a speaker connection) I'm using Xp btw... Micro$oft guru's please 'elp!
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 7
You could set the Soundstorm to be Windows primary ouput. Default Windows sounds, games, etc will go to that and whatever you plug into it. Use Foobar and set it to use the AV710 for output. That will go to your headphones.

Feb 20, 2005 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 7
As suggested by someone in the thread, you can keep one sound card for general audio duties, and the AV710 for headphone use via high res output.

I have such a setup, an Audigy driving my Logitech Z-560s and added the AV710 for headphone use.
smily_headphones1.gif

Today I even managed to create a batch file to swap config files around, so that I can use Foobar with both setups - without having to meddle with all kinds of things to go from speaker to phones mode. Yey, it works!
wink.gif

Speakers were getting less usage since I installed the AV710, but now it's a quick change between one or the other...

Feb 21, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
You could set the Soundstorm to be Windows primary ouput. Default Windows sounds, games, etc will go to that and whatever you plug into it. Use Foobar and set it to use the AV710 for output. That will go to your headphones.

So how do i get Windoze to acknowelege the Soundstorm as the default then and not the Chaintech? - Disable the Chaintech in device manager?
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
So how do i get Windoze to acknowelege the Soundstorm as the default then and not the Chaintech? - Disable the Chaintech in device manager?
confused.gif

Start Menu->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio->Sound Playback

Change Default Device to the output device you want set as default.

Feb 22, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Start Menu->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio->Sound Playback

Change Default Device to the output device you want set as default.

'K - I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back