2.5 vs 4.4?
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #17 of 23
Should I laugh? First plug was not even straight out of the box. So being pissed of at poor quality and being honest about it is brutal nowadays, okay...
How would you suggest i handle the cable to prevent the third ring from top from being deformed, I can not leave it pluged in forever, and do not have a place to store it with cable pluged in, also stop assuming things.
2.5mm never made sense. Let’s squeeze more connections into a smaller space (compared to the universal standard 3.5mm we jack)

May 5, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #18 of 23
Endless / useless discussion incoming... Argument 2 running in circles for 12 pages (at least).

Sony as usual pushes for new connectors type because this is just lazy marketing to do when you don't have anything else to promote.
Nothing is actually wrong with 2.5mm except that Sony had favored balanced 3.5mm (ZX2 and Plenue S => dying breed), which wasn't popular enough versus 2.5mm.

***ty marketing stunt, because 2.5mm was on the verge of becoming an actual standard... but hey, why agreeing on a standard when you can generate new income by multiplying connectors. Typical Sony/Apple business model (false innovation that brings no value to customers, because actual innovation doesn't sell new models every 6 months).
Just some of my personal thoughts,,,I dont like 2.5 as it bends easily, The release of 4.4 by Sony is a good thing as it may replace all connectors including bulky XLRs. I am ordering cables from lunashops all with 4.4 hexagon plugs together with adapters DD ddHiFi DJ44B DJ44C from aliexpress to bridge betweenlegacy 2.5 BAL and 3.5 SE inputs and the standard of the future, pentagons.

May 5, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 23
Just some of my personal thoughts,,,I dont like 2.5 as it bends easily, The release of 4.4 by Sony is a good thing as it may replace all connectors including bulky XLRs. I am ordering cables from lunashops all with 4.4 hexagon plugs together with adapters DD ddHiFi DJ44B DJ44C from aliexpress to bridge betweenlegacy 2.5 BAL and 3.5 SE inputs and the standard of the future, pentagons.
hexagon = pentacon.

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #21 of 23
Hi. Well.. iBasso DX300 has both balanced inputs:

iBasso dx300 Balanced - 2022-01-04 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #22 of 23
Hey guys I know this is an old thread.

I just picked up some UM indigo IEMAs that came with a 2.5 mm cable.

Will I lose any sound quality by using a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter to connect to my iFi GRYPHON? And if not, can anyone recommend the best adapter to get? Ideally a straight one rather than a 90°

Thanks a lot for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back