2.1 vs. 2.0 PC Speakers Comparison
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #16 of 21

After finding out the AV-40 farce, I would recommend every body to think five times before opting for a 2.0 rather than a 2.1 below $200. Remember a 2.0 will be unable to recreate the sub-bass that a 2.1 can do.

I will go to this extent in saying that the AV-40 amp components are rivaling the cheapest Chinese speakers available at $20. Use of ultra cheap KSC, LXAP & Fujida capacitors, ultra cheap bog standard under powered EI transformer made by Shenzhen Xingyaoda Electronics. I can find no where abouts of them in the web. Not to mention the use of internal hit-sink and flimsy iron plate separators which starts to rust after 3 months.

Where as my Z-2300 uses SamXon/ CapXon capacitors & a toroidal transformer made by TenPao. These are recognized Chinese companies which have at least there own websites.

The only component in AV-40 that was known to me was the ST Microelectronics power amp. If M-Audio have gone for Yoda power amp then I think the cheap Chinese speaker companies could have made M-Audio their OEM manufacturer. They could have imported these AV-40's & labeled them as GoledenField Killer 2.0 and sold in China at $40.

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #17 of 21
While the m-audio uses cheap parts it still sounds pretty decent so m-audio must have set them up and tuned them really well, logitech with the better components isn't set up as well, the sub is muddy and overloaded the crossover is really badly set-up, my z2300 would overheat very quickly and start to smell of burning if i turned the volume past half with bass heavy music. logitech should have used bigger satilite drivers and reduced the frequence load on the sub.

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #18 of 21
     Quote:
While the m-audio uses cheap parts it still sounds pretty decent so m-audio must have set them up and tuned them really well, logitech with the better components isn't set up as well, the sub is muddy and overloaded the crossover is really badly set-up, my z2300 would overheat very quickly and start to smell of burning if i turned the volume past half with bass heavy music. logitech should have used bigger satilite drivers and reduced the frequence load on the sub.

The amplifier of Z-2300 is stellar and are of very good quality. The use of bog standard speakers cause all the problems. A week before I replaced my Z-2300 sats with a pair of old Sony passive bookshelves belonging to my friend. I was blown away by the sound quality. It is as if Z-2300 have entered a new dimension.

But at $110 you forgive the Z-2300 for just about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back