2.1 Speaker Swan M10 or Klipsch ProMedia
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bbiiggwang

New Head-Fier
Hi, thanks for looking at my post.
I am interested in buying my first 2.1 speakers for my laptop that is under $150. I am going to use it through an external sound card (any preferations for the external sound card?)
I am deciding whether to buy the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or the Swan M10.
I am going to use this mainly for music and movies as well as occasional gaming (COD4 and CSS).
I listen to hip hop/rap, but mostly r&b and pop/alternative such as Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson.
I would like more clarity than bass, but would appreciate a fair amount of bass.
I'm interested in these two speakers through research and want some advice on which one I should purchase, or feel free to write other speakers in mind.

THANKS!!

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Swan M10 has fantastic clarity, just don't expect any strong bass. If you're not a major basshead, these will do fine for the money. You will have to spend a bit more money to get more bass. I imagine them as the ER6i or iM616 of speaker sets. For R&B and Pop/Alternative, they will do great.

However, if you just want to keep it simple, I would suggest the D1080. Yes, they are 2.0, but they will still have approximately same strength of bass as the M10. Just save up money for a subwoofer and you will be set to have an amazing 2.1 speaker set. (I believe there is an Energy ESW8 on sale somewhere. Might be sold out by now though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back