2.1 Setup for Living Room... Suggestions?
May 31, 2015 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iSeenYa92

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into putting a 2.1 speaker setup in my living room. I already have a receiver which is a VSX -522, which states it outputs 130 watts per channel, has 4 hdmi INS, and 1 HDMI out. It can support a 5.1 setup but I'm only looking to have a two speaker setup with subwoofer.

I already have a pioneer subwoofer, so I just need some suggestions on some good 2.0 speakers. I will be watching movies, playing games and listening to music off of these, and I like the sound to be nice and clear.

I haven't really set a budget, but don't want to spending crazy amounts of money. Say somewhere around $200-$500?

Thanks guys

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Have you considered second hand speakers? for that money you could get some great deals for second hand speakers.
Do they need to be small or can the speakers be large floor standers?
Do you know how to integrate the subwoofer well with your stereo speakers? Which subwoofer do you have?

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 5
  Hi Guys,

I'm looking into putting a 2.1 speaker setup in my living room. I already have a receiver which is a VSX -522, which states it outputs 130 watts per channel, has 4 hdmi INS, and 1 HDMI out. It can support a 5.1 setup but I'm only looking to have a two speaker setup with subwoofer.

I already have a pioneer subwoofer, so I just need some suggestions on some good 2.0 speakers. I will be watching movies, playing games and listening to music off of these, and I like the sound to be nice and clear.

I haven't really set a budget, but don't want to spending crazy amounts of money. Say somewhere around $200-$500?

Thanks guys

Polk Audio RTi A3 has been on sale for a while: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Bookshelf-Speakers-Cherry/dp/B000V2N310/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1433175332&sr=8-43&keywords=Polk+Audio

Alternately there's also the Klipsch RB61.

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 5
HSU HB1-MK2, Chane A1rx-c, and Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SEs are all Internet direct speaker brands that provide better values than full MSRP popular store brands. So for around $350, you get speakers that are as good or better than speakers costing $500 or $600 in the stores.

Is your subwoofer the Pioneer SW-8? Depending on the size of your living room, it could be way underpowered for watching movies and playing games at higher volumes.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 5
I like the Wharfedale 10.1s. About $300 on Amazon, but if you're from Southeast Asia you might find them cheaper.

Steve Guttenberg and Stephen Mejias have some pretty good reviews on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back