2.1 or 2.0 speakers
May 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ethomas

New Head-Fier
I'm buying a dedicated soundcard instead of the onboard I currently use. Because of the upgrade I also wanne change my speakers. For now I have the Creative gigaworks T40 II.
They are certainly not bad, not at all but, the sad thing is that I can't connect them to my tv so I can game with them on my ps3. I'm thinking about the Edifier R2600 6.

Any suggestions? I know the Edifier R2600 isn't 5.1, so it's probebly not the best for gamig or watching movies. But the main use is still listening to music. 

May 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Perhaps state a ball park budget so we could help ya out ^^ Actually a 5.1 isn't necessarily ideal for an all round living room set up especially if your budget is tight. One of my TV rooms has just a pair of floor standers and i enjoy my TV/movies and music a lot and shudder at how puny sats and muddy sounding subs off cheapo boxed 5.1 sets would ruin my enjoyment
deadhorse.gif
I would say your listening position/room size also plays a part at what u settle on ^^

May 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 4
my room is like 430 square feet. Pretty big, but I know I don't need 300 watt speakers. I even think the Corsair SP2500 are overkill. I would consider them if they were cheaper. Like 200 dollar in my country, here the are like 250. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back