2.1 (Home Theatre) speaker setup
Sep 27, 2008 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
* computer rig:
sound card: Creative X-Fi Elite Pro (with external box)

* audio rig:
ACI Titan XL subwoofer with ACI Emerald speakers->RWA Signature 30.2 amp->Cardas Neutral Reference IC's->Stello DA220 Mk II DAC

* sound software configurations:
Creative Audio Console: 2.1 speakers
Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 speaker environment: 2 speaker
Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 speaker output mode: Dolby surround compatible downmix,
Dolby virtual speaker, Cyberlink virtual speaker.

I hope I will be able to set up a decent 2.1 speaker setup?
Would I be able to use my Stello dac in to a 2.1 speaker Home theatre (I don't think so, because probably I will need
to have an external Dolby decoder)?
Any suggestions?

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 6
No suggestions?!
I will test it out soon as soon as the speakers arrive.
I am sure I will get some decent Dolby Digital (virtual surround) sound, especially with a ACI Titan subwoofer
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 6
A reply from Audio Circle forum: "I have no idea about your sound card and DAC features but me I plug the digital optical out from my Denon dv2900 into my Paradisea DAC and it works perfectly for a 2.1 home theater. In fact the sound quality is better then when I plug the analog out from my Denon into my integrated amp. "

Oct 15, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 6
The Cyberlink Dolby surround compatible downmix sounds the best. In the mean time I am still waiting for the arrival of a 10 Van den Hull IC for the subwoofer. So the Dolby sound will enhance even more with the integration of the subwoofer (needs burning-in also).

Oct 25, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 6
The ACI Emerald speakers, the Stello dac and the RWA Signature 30.2 are very good for cinema sound as well. I am very happy with the setup, especially with the ACI Titan XL sub! The Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 speaker output mode (algorithm) mode "Dolby surround compatible downmix" does indeed create a virtual surround effect! The RWA Sig is a stereo amplifier, it doesn't have a subwoofer output so most likely while everything above 20 Hz sound will be outputted by the Emerald speakers, while everything below 20 HZ will be heard through the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back