2.1 gaming speakers
Jun 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

noobzpro

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i know most of u are gonna be like What gaming speakers are fked up....hahha agreed am actually looking for 2.1 active speakers for gaming....currently after testing out here and there the best imo were the bose companion 5.....but just by the brand i know for the price i would able to get me something better.....any recommendations?? must be 2.1 and active.....thanks guys....

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey guys, i know most of u are gonna be like What gaming speakers are fked up....hahha agreed am actually looking for 2.1 active speakers for gaming....currently after testing out here and there the best imo were the Bose companion 5.....but just by the brand i know for the price i would able to get me something better.....any recommendations?? must be 2.1 and active.....thanks guys....

What sound card are you using?
Knowing your budget would help. Bose companion 5 is $360, so is $360 around your budget?
Most 2.1 "Computer speaker" sets are not going to come with a great sub-woofer, more like mediocre (depends on budget).
I believe Swan speakers (2.0, 2.1) get a lot of thumbs up.

Might better just to go for the best 2.0 setup for your budget (Swan?).

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 4
around 500usd i guess but im from singapore thus everything has its price jacked up.....500+usd is the price of the companion 5 here....im using a xonar hdav1.3 but for my laptop just a predator or nuforce udac......this setup is mainly for gaming and movies only as i already have a rig for music.....this is for my bedroom....i have tried the swan m50w and it sucked alot

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Swan M200mkii + buy a separate subwoofer, if the price doesn't go over your budget. Personally I find the bass just fine on these, but people do think it's generally weak. Sure, a subwoofer would make it sound much better for music and the likes, or switching to the M200mkiii's, but no money :).

I'm using these right now and they're spaced about 1~1.5 yards apart on my desk, both pointed towards my ears. When I'm supposed to hear something in the back of me, or to the side of me, it literally feels like the sound is to the side or back of me. The imaging is crazy for sub$300 USD bookshelf speakers. Hard to explain, but it's not like headphone-imaging. Just a certain type of imaging amazing for speakers in my opinion. Also still sounds like there's a center speaker despite them being a yard or two apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back