2.1 Channel Receiver set up
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

XRonbertX

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

I have a SA-DX940 5.1 Channel Technics receiver. I've got to m10 Polk book shelf speakers and a match 100W polk powered sub. I also have said reciever hooked up to my PC via SPDIF. My optical cable is hooked up to the computer it's self, so even though it's SPDIF it's still on board audio.

I'm wondering if I should invest in an external DAC, would this further improve my home audio?

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hey All,

I have a SA-DX940 5.1 Channel Technics receiver. I've got to m10 Polk book shelf speakers and a match 100W polk powered sub. I also have said reciever hooked up to my PC via SPDIF. My optical cable is hooked up to the computer it's self, so even though it's SPDIF it's still on board audio.

I'm wondering if I should invest in an external DAC, would this further improve my home audio?

no point. connecting the pc and receiver with optical cable bypasses the onboard dac and uses the receiver's dac. Unless you meant to say that u want to bypass the receiver's dac and use a dedicated dac, then yes it should improve your audio assuming the external dac is superior to the receiver's dac 

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hey All,

No, not with this setup unless you hear noise/hiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back