2.1 Budget Speaker Setup
Jun 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rerona

Head-Fier
I wasn't entirely sure if I should put this in this one or the speaker one, but this one seemed to get more activity and this will be mainly used for the computer though will also compliment my PS3 ever so occasionally.

Currently my budget is fairly small, but at the same time my room is small so I ~think~ a small subwoofer can handle the job.  Right now I'm debating on the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR or the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR along with either the Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt ($120) or the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch ($99).  I'm not entirely sure on the difference between the Pioneer bookshelf speakers, so if someone could explain this it would help me decide between the two.  I read some bad reviews on the PSW10, but at the same time, it is bigger then the Pioneer so I was wondering about the difference between those two as well.  If anything I might just get the speakers for now and wait til I can afford the BIC F12. 

Also I was wondering if something like the LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class would be able to power this setup for now.  This is just naming one that I often see on amazon while searching, but if someone has a better recommendation than it'd be a help.  I will upgrade to a receiver later but for now it won't be necessary til I want to add more speakers.  

Lastly would this setup be a noticeable setup-up from something like the Klipsch Promedia 2.1/Swan M10.  

I live in Hawaii so apparantly the only way I can get free shipping is via amazon free super saver shipping or ebay that ships worldwide.  Also for those who recommend avsforums for asking, I tried several times, but I have not gotten much luck.  I have gotten a lot of help in the past on head-fi when deciding on my headphones so I've come to try get some help here again.

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I wasn't entirely sure if I should put this in this one or the speaker one, but this one seemed to get more activity and this will be mainly used for the computer though will also compliment my PS3 ever so occasionally.

Currently my budget is fairly small, but at the same time my room is small so I ~think~ a small subwoofer can handle the job.  Right now I'm debating on the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR or the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR along with either the Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt ($120) or the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch ($99).  I'm not entirely sure on the difference between the Pioneer bookshelf speakers, so if someone could explain this it would help me decide between the two.  I read some bad reviews on the PSW10, but at the same time, it is bigger then the Pioneer so I was wondering about the difference between those two as well.  If anything I might just get the speakers for now and wait til I can afford the BIC F12. 

Also I was wondering if something like the LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class would be able to power this setup for now.  This is just naming one that I often see on amazon while searching, but if someone has a better recommendation than it'd be a help.  I will upgrade to a receiver later but for now it won't be necessary til I want to add more speakers.  

Lastly would this setup be a noticeable setup-up from something like the Klipsch Promedia 2.1/Swan M10.  

I live in Hawaii so apparantly the only way I can get free shipping is via amazon free super saver shipping or eBay that ships worldwide.  Also for those who recommend avsforums for asking, I tried several times, but I have not gotten much luck.  I have gotten a lot of help in the past on head-fi when deciding on my headphones so I've come to try get some help here again.

I do not think the Pioneer SW-8 would work anyway, it does not look like it can power external speakers, where as the Polk Audio PSW10 10-inch appears to be able to.

Klipsck Promedia is decent for the price, used and under $100.

Might I subject just finding the best 2.0 you can afford.

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 3
You would hook up that Lepai to an active sub off the speaker out of amp to the high level input/speaker in of sub then run bookshelf speakers off the high level output/speaker out of an active sub - there is no point comparing cheap muddy sounding PC/Multimedia subs to a proper 8-10" sub 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back