2.0 speakers for PC/MAC
Jul 22, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 10
How much are you willing to spend? If on a budget, highly consider the Swans M200 Swan M200MkII I have them and it sounds great, even connected to a modest Sony DVD player. If space is an issue though, M-Audio has a couple of good sounding units at a decent price.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 10
I can never understand how people expect to give recommendations on specific models of speakers without a budget...

How about a pair of Martin Logan CLX?

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 10
There's been tons of similar threads over the past few days (browse and you shall find
rolleyes.gif
), like many others I recommend the Audioengine A2 (I have a pair that I've been using every day for the past year) or it's bigger brother the A5. There are many threads about both speakers in this forum, do a search and read for yourself. There's also some good reviews on both stereophile.com and 6moons.com

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am willing to spend nothing more than $200. I might not be pairing with the Predator anymore as the sale is now pending. I am looking at Aego M since I am familiar with the sounding as I am currently having a similar set.

Get the Swans M200, you'll be shocked by the level of transparency they produce for a "budget" system.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 10
i suggest going a reciever / bookshelf speakers route. you can get a cheap DECENT reciever off of ebay or even at a garage sale and then upgrade later and you have literally thousands of speakers you can choose from to upgrade later from (it's working well for me) and i'm kind of on a budget too

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i suggest going a reciever / bookshelf speakers route. you can get a cheap DECENT reciever off of ebay or even at a garage sale and then upgrade later and you have literally thousands of speakers you can choose from to upgrade later from (it's working well for me) and i'm kind of on a budget too

Do this and never look back at PC speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back