2.0 Speakers for computer (dorm room)
Nov 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Hey guys,

I was hoping you could provide me with a little help. There used to be (from what I remember) an aggregated list of various speaker reviews etc.
But, its been a long time, and i cant seem to find it, so maybe you can help out.

I am looking for a pair of 2.0 (no sub please, I'm not the biggest fan of bass, and also space constraints come in) speakers to use in my room.
Originally I was thinking of bookshelf or reference speakers, but considering only a few of them are active (and even the ones that are tend not to have 3.5mm connection), a smaller "laptop/desktop" speaker system is probably best.

My price range is £40-£60; I would have spent more, but all my serious listening is done through my headphones, so i only need a decent pair for casual listening.
From what i remember, creative and logitech were the main consumer suppliers, and they still seem to be. But it has been a while, so I'm all ears to suggestions.

Again, the criteria is:
-2.0 small desktop system (preferably with headphone jack, the one on my laptop is temperamental)
-£40-£60
-either USB or 3.5mm connection.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 2
I think the Creative T20 or T40 Series II speakers are pretty fantastic for the money. Sweet mid centric sound. The small size and footprint is a real plus. For the price I couldn't complain while I had them, though I did upgrade to some more serious active bookshelves after a few months heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back