2.0/2.1 set with narrow speakers up to 150 $
Feb 15, 2015 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

radosuaf

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for speakers to connect to my X-Fi XtremeGamer to replace my current 5.1 setup (Logitech X-530). Due to lack of space on my desk, speakers have to be narrow (absolute max is 12cm - so 5 inches, would prefer 4). There is a place for a subwoofer (more or less 9 x 9 inch, 23 x 23 cm), Bass Reflex to be pointed front or left.
What I have found from the 2.0s:
a/ Bose Companion 2 - bad reviews
b/ Yamaha NX-50 - no reviews
c/ Edifier E10 - good reviews
d/ Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II - good reviews

From 2.1 there are a few Edifiers, maybe Logitech Z-623... Any suggestions? Will be mainly used for gaming (casual), some occasional MP3s or Spofify listening, no films (I have a plasma TV + a good 5.1 set).
Preferably the speakers should have power button on one of the speakers (not on the back of the sub, if 2.1), volume knob, not buttons (but that's not very important) and a headphone in easily accessible (but can live without that).

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Not sure if these are available to you, but Klipsch Promedia would seem a good option, although the subwoofer is a bit larger than your requirements.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Unfortunately, the only Klipsch Promedia I can get are the earphones... And even if they were available, they'd be much more expensive that 150 USD. Gigaworks T40 Series II ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back