1st SIngapore Head-Fi Meet?
Jan 21, 2003 at 9:32 AM Post #361 of 378
Hehehe, i found a chesky in my dad's cd collection.

biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 11:31 AM Post #362 of 378
Quote:

Originally posted by Rameish
WatClut,

No now I remember, it was not Maez, it was Evil-Zen who listened to the Grados but he does not like them. Thinks they have, quote "no soundstage". He does like the SR-60 though at the price. Evil, pls correct me if I'm remembering it incorrectly.

Hmmm...evil just curious, I think I heard you say you liked the Sr-60 (good value etc) but if they don't have soundstage then how can they be any good. I mean isn't soundstage one of the basic things we look for - esp without crossfeed - the headstage (soundstage for head-fiers) is all imp. Now I'm a little confused by what you said at the Meet. Should have clarified with you then and there but they were so many things to do as host.

Could you please clarify? Or are you saying the SR-60 has soundstage but the RS-1 and HP-1 don't. Can't be right?

yeap it was me who said that. your RS1 and HP1 gradoes were many times the price of the sr 60s and yet they have the same type of soundstage to me. At that kind of price, I was expecting much more than that.
As for the SR 60s, expectations were much much lower. I was comparing them to lower end phones in my mind. Just like the 7506 and other cheaper cans I tried. The way I like the sr 60s were not relative to the HP1s. If given the choice, I would definitely prefer the HP1s.

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:53 PM Post #363 of 378
Bulkie,

The same one - ie test disc?

Evil,

Thanks for making that clear. BTW you did offer to lend the K-501 right? I might take you up on the offer. A buddy of mine wants to have a pair of headphones and keeps bugging me to make a recommendation. I kkep telling him it's a very personal thing. Some like the Senn sound (ie 580 or 600), others like the Grados
wink.gif
, Sonys or Beyers.

He has a very tight budget so I said either the SR-80, Sony V6 or K-501/401.

If you could part with it let me know.

Jan 22, 2003 at 12:15 AM Post #364 of 378
Quote:

Originally posted by Rameish
Chesky - see post below from Tanghy.

I think, you should listen more before buying or put a small inventment into a pair (like the grado SR-60 or Sony V6/7506 then get to know it. Then you will be able to tell the difference and upgrade. The problem with the AKG and Senn is they need amplifiers so the small investment may become a little bigger. But still under S$600 if you get a used Meta 42, Creek OBH11 etc.

Otherwise, you'll be sitting on the sidelines 4 ever. No headphones, No amp, No clue where to go. Head-Fi Meets are IMO they best place to try stuff but not the best place to audition stuff.

Was going to get the V6 at Mustafa but it was sold off or something cos i didn't saw it on the shelf yesterday. Maybe i will just get a MX500 for the time been until i come back from australia.

Jan 22, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #365 of 378
MX500
confused.gif
I would go for the SR-80 or SR-60. Otherwise get a V6 from another place. Don't be penny wise pound...

just my 2¢.

Jan 22, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #366 of 378
Yup i know what you mean.
But i am on a tight budget now.
Moreover i am going back to australia to study, won't be bringing along alot of cd over unless i am recording them in MP3.
Might as well save more money first, when i get back then get a proper amp & headphone.
No point getting something and not using them.

Jan 22, 2003 at 4:15 AM Post #369 of 378
Please refrain from taking abt the price of the corda (as I may get rapped on the knuckles by Jude) I only sold the PCII to Bulkie at the end of the Meet because 1) he emailed me prior to the Meet and I had agreed to sell the demo unit to him if he really wanted it 2) At the Meet I did say I won't talk abt prices only that they will be about the same prices as Jan's + some TT charges.

I do understand wanting to save up to get the amp/headphone of your desire BTW
biggrin.gif

So go for it. That's why I was confused by you wanting to get MX500. Unless you don't have anything even the earbud that came with your MP3 player.

Jan 22, 2003 at 4:39 AM Post #371 of 378
No need to apologise
biggrin.gif

Save up and get what you want I say. Don't be rash as you lose more money that way. At the same time you need to start somewhere and a Sony V6 or Grado SR-60 is a good start. The SR-60 are better and cheaper IMO but are open design so will allow ambient noise to be heard. The sony's are closed.

Jan 22, 2003 at 8:47 AM Post #372 of 378
I think we should shut down this thread and start a new one - Singapore's 2nd Head-Fi Meet
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2003 at 9:58 AM Post #374 of 378
use this link http://www.cryophilia.com/sgheadphones/ instead
the cjb masking one doesn't store cookies or somethin.

anyway, its a trial site..looks like crap I know
and if you all prefer to just use this one-thread "forum" its fine by me too. guess there really aren't that many of us anyway
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back