1st Group Buy Hospital Cord - Minor Issue
Oct 22, 2004 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kelston

100+ Head-Fier
While I continue to be awesomely happy with regards to the Quail cables i've bought myself and from Tortie's arranged group buy (Thanks man!), i've come across a problem with the group buy cable that I didn't have with any of the other Quail power cords i've bought.

The side of the power cord that plugs into my stuff seems to be too small. It will connect and power the device without an issue but the casing of the plug doesn't fit snugly into whatever i'm plugging it into. I've tried it with several things from my computer monitor to my powered subwoofer to my stereo. The cable just seems to hang out loosely. I never noticed this until I had a power issue with my subwoofer. It just seemed to pop and not actually get audio and I noticed the power cord had slipped to make only a partial connection.

Is there anything someone could recommend for me to wedge it into the socket or something to use to tape it in place since apparently it just slips out of place over time?

Oct 22, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 7
perhaps a small piece of bluetak might help snuggen your fit. Be careful not to get it on contacts though.

Oct 23, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 7
I think some electrical tape or teflon tape is the usual method. Bluetak could get messy by accident.

Oct 23, 2004 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 7
Blue Tac I understand since i'm assuming i'd use it to wedge the plug in place by jamming up the socket to make up the space.

What am I doing with tape? Am I taping the thing in place? Am I putting tape around the plug to make it bigger? Am I just shoving tape into the socket to wedge it in place like Blue Tac?

And man, I never even heard of teflon tape before.

Oct 24, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelston
Blue Tac I understand since i'm assuming i'd use it to wedge the plug in place by jamming up the socket to make up the space.

Am I putting tape around the plug to make it bigger?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelston
And man, I never even heard of teflon tape before.

Go to any hardware or home supply store (Home Depot) and look in the plumbing section. Its white, soft, sort of stretchy tape with no adhesive. It's wrapped around threaded pipe joints to keep them from leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back