1st Gen. Clix > Cowon D2 (with iBasso T4)
Dec 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fumoffuru

Head-Fier
So, after dishing out some money on a Cowon D2, iBasso T4, and Klipsch X10s, I've been enjoying them quite a bit. However, on a whim I charged my 1st generation iRiver Clix...and for whatever reason it sounds much better than the D2. Identical files sound drastically different. While the D2 sounds great, the Clix seems to have much crisper and cleaner bass, stronger mid, and clean highs. I feel almost cheated! Anyone know the cause of this, or am I just delusional? Here are the current settings I'm using on both.

Cowon D2 or iRiver Clix > iBasso T4 > Klipsch Image X10
320 cbr and v0 files for comparison purposes (iRiver doesn't support FLAC)

D2
--
EQ: 5 3 4 1 7
BBE: 1
Mach3Bass: 5
3D Surround: 1
Stereo Enhance: 0
MP Enhance: Unchecked
Pan: 0
Play Speed: 100%
Volume: 34/50

Clix (SRS Mode)
--
SRS: 5
TruBass: 5
Focus: Medium
WOW: 2
Volume: 35/40

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, seeing as your using SRS and BBE
L3000.gif
I would hardly call this a controlled situation. Try listening to each with a clean signal and judge again.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 5
why don't you compare without eq and sound effect.....
turn them off and judge again.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 5
I've tried both with no output settings at all. The Clix and the D2 are still seem fairly close. As far as I can tell, the D2 has better mid-highs, while the Clix seems to have better bass still. But the difference isn't real significant. Regardless, I love both players, I was just a little baffled.

I do like having the settings on though. I didn't expect to get instant critique on that. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back