1Plus2.2 or Rhapsodio Solar or UM Mentor
Aug 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gancanjam

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, 

Currently happy with Earsonics Velvet which does well across Highs/Mids/Lows but occasional issues in sound going to only one earpiece. So looking  to upgrade to an end game IEM up to $1500 price range,  which among  1plus2.2 or Solar or Mentor fit the bill for following case ? I have not seen a thread which discusses all of these three great IEMs with comparison so looking forward 

GENRE:
Mainly Pop, Rock, EDM 

HIGH/LOW/MIDS :
Good across spectrum especially for Bass/Treble without roll off issues or peakiness issues. Not a Bass or Treble head but don't mind a slight V or U shape. Sub & Mid Bass quantity and quality with non fatiguing yet sparkly extended highs preferable. Vocals do not need to be in the front. Do not want a flat response like a studio monitor

SIGNATURE:
Cohesive,  musical without being over analytical or cold, Thick, Fun , Refinement, Clarity, SS, should justify the price range and sound expensive, Airy

QUALITY OF RECORDING:
Have AK240 with most of them are HQ 320kbps mp3  songs, some CD quality songs and only few FLACs. Though mp3s are HQ still prefer the IEM to be bit forgiving on sub par/non Hi res recordings.

HEADPHONE ANALOGY:
So in short prefer to get an IEM sounds similar to HE1000 headphone.  No offence to HD800/LCD aficionados,  personally i do not prefer the  HD800 signature ( to me it is relatively thin, analytical, less bassier)  or LCD signature ( to me it is relatively dark and has less treble sparkle/extension ) . Hope this HP comparison also help you to recommend as did not mean to compare an IEM to a HP but just used it as an analogy to share my signature preference

Looking forward for your thoughts on this . Have a great day !    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back