1More Triple or quad driver, just for music listening on iphone, is it extra driver worth double the price?
Dec 7, 2021 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adamt

Head-Fier
I will only be using these headphones for listening to music / making phone calls on the iPhone 12 and using on the iMac for YouTube videos and a bit of music, so no monitoring or anything technical

As the quad drivers are double the price of the triple driver, is it worth double the price, for my usage?

It's hard to take the YouTube reviews of these headphones seriously as many of them mention them being given the headphones from 1more, so it's hard to believe they're being objective

I also read on an Amazon review that the quad drivers drain a lot of the phones battery

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the triple driver. The accessory package looks great but the sound isn't really good. the treble is really shouty and metallic. I won't expect 1more tune BA drive well. But there are not much multi driver earphone with mic right?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 4
I will only be using these headphones for listening to music / making phone calls on the iPhone 12 and using on the iMac for YouTube videos and a bit of music, so no monitoring or anything technical

As the quad drivers are double the price of the triple driver, is it worth double the price, for my usage?

It's hard to take the YouTube reviews of these headphones seriously as many of them mention them being given the headphones from 1more, so it's hard to believe they're being objective

I also read on an Amazon review that the quad drivers drain a lot of the phones battery
As someone that owns both I do believe the Quad is a much better earphone but is it worth double the price is not up to me to decide. I haven’t listened to them for some time but someone was asking about them a week ago or so and had them out . My preference would be for the quad for sure and when @traherntsui said the treble was shouty on the Triples as I didn’t find them that way I can see what he was talking about as there is some extra energy in the upper mids and lower treble but myself would not classify it as shouty but that is me and yes more pronounced than the Quads.
I don’t know about YouTube reviews but the Quads are a much better earphone no doubt.

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the replies

As I like a full deep punchy / thumping bass when listening to music - hiphop and rnb, do you feel these earphones can produce a solid thumping bass ? But obviously not over done like the original Beats by Dre
As reading the Amazon reviews they don't speak positively about the bass on either the quad or the triple drivers

If this is true, what IEM wiould you suggest rather than the 1more's, for under £100?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back