1gb DAP for gym use.
Jan 6, 2007 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mitchjordan

100+ Head-Fier
SQ is the key. Something which works with itunes would be nice (if its possible to get non ipod models working...).

The gen 2 shuffle looks interesting, but the hiss issues turn me off it. There's lots of different Sony models out there. $80 USD would be on the top of my budget for the type of use im intending.

The Sony NW-E003F models look decent... if they could live up job SQ wise.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 13
Man, I guess I'm out of touch but I see where gyms, (as in the '70's and '80's), are the place folks spend all their time nowadays. What goes around comes around!

I think the Gen2 Shuffle would be fine for your use especially if you sweat in the gym when you would hear hiss just because you're sweating! It's NORMAL!

The Gen2 Shuffle is fine for the gym and forget about the hiss. Remember, most people here and elsewhere LOVE Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton and what does that say about them?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 13
x2 on the 1G nano and shuffles.

in all honesty i dont think you'd notice the hissing while exercising. that being said, i'll recommend the 2G shuffle.

Jan 6, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 13
A 1GB first gen. Shuffle refurb. from the Apple Store online would sound very good for less than your price limit. Also, I don't have the 1GB version, but the Samsung YP-U2 (think of it as a first generation Shuffle with a screen) sounds very good, too ... don't know about compatibility with iTunes; I use drag and drop using Windows for that one.

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchjordan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is, iv bought one, 1g shuffle recently. It decided it would not work with itunes 7, it kept coming up with errors, so i returned it. Pitty, it did sound very nice.

I also have many errors coming up when using my 1g Shuffle with itune 7.
But all the problem were gone when i restore the Shuffle and enable Disk Use.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 13
i just got the creative muvo v100. $69-$20 rebate = $49 for a 2gb flash player. smaller than a lighter and uses AAA batteries. sq is good and battery life is good too. ask kramer about it, he loves it too ;]

go check it out!

oh, i got it from fry's electronics

Jan 7, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 13
i think the 2G shuffle would be a good choice given the included clip thing and its super small size. All the other ones need to have a armband or a cable, which would cost extra money.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 13
The Sony has great SQ and prob best out of the bunch, but a bit quiet for gym use unless you have IEMs! There's a sports version that comes with armband, pedometre, calory count, water proof etc - have a look at that - think its only $15 more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back