1984 poster
Aug 23, 2007 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Firam

500+ Head-Fier
I'm surprised that I can't find a poster about the book 1984. For being such a hugely referenced novel the number of posters are very small. I'm trying to find one that says, War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength. But I've failed so far, all posters isn't really that great for this type of thing. They have a magnet that says it and a 1984 movie poster but nothing else. Very frustrating.

Aug 23, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 14
Have you tried using the expression as a google image search?

E.g. Google image search "War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength"

Does the bumper sticker work for you?

Some of the results imply pollitical comment, rather than merely quoting text from a work of fiction (Which itself was arguably pollitical commentary, in the form of a work of fiction - see also Animal Farm).

So I'll leave it at that to avoid invoking the moderators political thread lock.

Aug 23, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 14
Maybe I will just have to settle for a bumper sticker. I could try to make one, but I would need to find a large photo printers at a copy center.

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 14
Sorry, but in this country you don't get a poster until you become a movie.
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that's a real poster!

Even with the unintentional(?) homoeroticism?

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOl..good one..

I still prefer this quote from Animal Farm the best "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others ...".

Yes, I recall that the very animals which were "more equal" were those who made the POSTERS!!

Laz

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't find the poster you wanted, but I saw this:
nye_fig01b.jpg

Hey thailer!

Why, thats enough to turn a young girls head!
h63193a.jpg

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOl..good one..

I still prefer this quote from Animal Farm the best "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others ...".

yeah. that's the classic quote. both are great books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back