1964Ears/64 Audio V6-Stage: Getting channel imbalance...help?
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GridIroN

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

I'm posting here because back in the beginning of the year, I ordered a pair of V6-Stage's from 1964 Ears, (now 64 Audio, whatever). I got them in quite a while ago for the first time, and noticed the channels weren't quite balanced. I figured it had to do with fit as the fit was quite a bit off, and they had to be mailed back for refit about 6 times. On the 7th, they told me I should just get a new left impression done as the left monitor was the one that was constantly not fitting right...usually loose. 

I got the impression done they made my new left earpiece and it was quite tight. I had always figured the imbalance was because my left ear was leaking, but the channel imbalance remained even when the left ear was tighter and larger fitting than the right ear. Now I'm freaked out. I figured maybe it's my ears...maybe my right ear is just significantly better than my left one, but none of my other headphones or earphones channel imbalance this noticably; I wouldn't have noticed I had one ear better than the other if it were the case. I have HiFiMan HE-400i's, HD598s, K550's, Westone 4R's, Klipsch S6's, ...never noticed a channel imbalance. 

I think I've tried everything on my end I can...tried checking mono mixes...right was still better, tried a different cord when I figured maybe it was a faulty cable sending less power to the left unit, not the cord. Strangely, if I reverse the channels, so the right cord is connected to the left unit, the sound evens outs more, but still not 100%. 

Maybe it is a weird fit issue? They are on their way back to 1964 Ears right now to fix the left side being oversized and causing pain...I'd like to know what you guys think I could try, or if you have any ideas before they get there so I can inform the 1964 techs. I was considering asking them to elongate the lengths of a channel as maybe my channals are different sizes too (I know my left ear opening is larger) but I figured if that was the case, why wouldn't I hear a difference on my Westone universals??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back