1964, JH Audio, or Westone? Help Please
Jul 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
So im about to have some custom Musicians plugs made(going to a lot of concerts soon), and all three brands offer them. I know for sure 1964 and JH audio have same pricing, Westone I just sent an email to. 

My question is to you guys, if anyone has experience with these companies regarding any of their ear plugs, how did your experience with the company go, and would you reccomend them over another company? 

Its hard to decide because they both for sure(1964, JH) offer the same warranty, roughly the same turn around, and same price. 

Thanks for any and all information, Cheers, DD!

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 3
     Btw in case anyone was wondering, I went with JH audio. So far im very pleased. Sound quality is really shocking. I expected like the etymotics to suffer some sound degradation over all, but no not even close. These little things let sound in amazingly, the only bad side of their sound is the higher frequencies are quite as edgy or sharp. But everything else is perfect, seriously perfect. Lower bass/sub bass, and mids are all spot on.

Comfort wise when they are in they are hardly noticeable, only one con, which is when I open my jaw quickly like when yelling or what have you, they pop. Probably the same with all of the makers. The left one does hurt a bit if I insert it incorrectly or without using a bit of spit(kind of gross but whatever) to help ease them in, they are probably too long by just a hair, but its not a big enough defect to either ruin my warranty or send them back in. 

Only rough spot is right at the start of the canal, but its barely noticeable, and cant feel it even remotely when they are in, and the seal is awesome, 100% every time. 

If your looking for plugs for concerts, look no further, and if you really wanna enjoy your live music to the fullest, buy these, they are leagues better than the etymotics imo. And come with a small fake leather padded carrying pouch. Also the material made is quite soft, not like ear plug memory foam soft, but very soft indeed, no real discomfort so far. But ill update when I go to my next concert on the 3rd. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back