$19 for a pair of ER6i-Is its a scam?
Jun 24, 2007 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jewman

100+ Head-Fier
I was scanning Amazon today, and saw a pair of black Etymotic ER6i listed as new selling for $13.67 + $4.99 shipping, from an *NEW* independent seller. Is this deal to good to be true? As of now I'm thinking "yes."

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 21
Just checked Amazon and didn't see such offer......

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 21
Yea I didn't see the offer either... maybe some poor soul bought them :p

Jun 24, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 21
I just ordered a pair from them. I'll post back when I know how it went.

Jun 24, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 21
I really don't think it could be authentic because you should try to only buy genuine or authentic materials--whenever you purchase anything from an authorized Etymotic, Shure, Bose, Sennheiser, Grado, or known headphone brand dealer, you can be assured that you're purchasing an authentic/genuine pair of earphones/headphones. Paying full price or a reduced price for a used pair also means that you are also purchasing a genuine/authentic pair of earphones/headphones. Make sure that you are purchasing nothing but authentic materials from authorized dealers because some may be counterfeit.

Jun 24, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 21
Probably...but I bit. I'm looking to get a picture of it cut out of a magazine. Who knows!?!?! Maybe...just maybe it'll turn out to be the deal of the month.

I'm looking at it like I just threw $19 into the wind and I'm hoping to get something out of it. We'll see.

Ciao,

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #12 of 21
By the time we find out if it's true the seller will have either fixed the mistake or they'll be fakes and no one will want them. That said if it is real I would get a pair. But I seriously doubt we'll get that chance.

*That said Amazon does have a system to file for if they are fakes, so you're technically covered, but I don't know how well the system works.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 21
It's a brand new seller so you guys that are buying are brave souls. Hope they are real for you guys.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #15 of 21
I'm really tempted just to find out and not miss out on a crazy deal. I also want something to compare my X3 to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back