165$ for 20GB 4G ipod:Too good to be true?
Oct 22, 2004 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Zaied

Head-Fier
Hey guys, look what I found. Ive already made an offer to this guy but Im skeptical about the legitimacy of this deal. There apparently is no catch at all. No pyramid BS, no "buy this and get a free gift stuff". This appears to be a genuine offer. Thing is he only accepts money orders, checks, or Bidpay. Doesnt do Paypal

If this is the real deal, then this is my gift to you guys.

Anyways, opinions? Should I purchase and tell you guys how it works out?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/HP-Hewlett-P...Player-4129500

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 18
Seems too good to be true. Notice that the seller only accepts money orders. I would be a bit more comfortable if s/he accepted at least PayPal.

I personally would not go for it. The Staples deal that get's you an iPod HP for $200 would be a better option.

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 18
He does do BidPay. Im not sure what that's about. Do they have any fraud protection?

Edit: Bidpay says it's not responsible for any issues regarding the delivery/shipment of goods. That needs to be resolved with the auction/purchase site. Gotta check iOffer now.

Or do you guys/gals know of anyway I could arrange it so that he can't scam me?

Oct 22, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 18
This is fraud... funny how he won't take PayPal but is willing to ship to the UK for $5 more... he could just do the same with PayPal...

Buyer Question: hi i am very interested in buying an ipod from you but i had a question? Whats the difference between then regular and "HP" brand ipods?

Oct 20 14:17PDT
Seller Answer: It Sync's with Windows PC

That's a blatant lie.

Edit: Since he has "13" of them it's possible these are "hot".

Oct 22, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaied
Bloody hell. Screw this. I shall take refuge in eBay.

Question: Are 20Gb 3Gs compat with PCs?

I've got a 10GB 3G that I use with my PC, if that's any help.

-Drew

Oct 22, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 18
This guy is, strange. Look at this convo I had with him:

Buyer Question: Another question. I noticed that your legitimacy is being questioned here because you refuse to be paid using Paypal. I notice that of this offer, only 2 people accepted, the rest were concerned with payment disputes due to the lack of security in the payment methods you're offering. Is there no way around this? What garuntee, aside your word, can you give me that I will get the product? Oct 22 13:18PDT

Seller Price: $165.00 Shipping: Seller Pays Shipping Total: $165.00
Your iPod will be Shipped via Priority Mail w/ Tracking and Insurance. I offer Complete Customer Satisfaction on your Order. Thanks for viewing my Listings...
Oct 22 13:32PDT

What the...

Oct 22, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
I've got a 10GB 3G that I use with my PC, if that's any help.

-Drew

Awesome thanks. eBay has some up for grabs, and im considering to buy one

Oct 22, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #12 of 18
the problem is always the "you just don't know factor". you pay a lot for security, but then again, you know you'll get it if ordering from a reputable source.

Oct 22, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 18
Pay more and just order it from an established online retailer or just wait until one pops up here for sale...from someone with established feedback. Sounds too fishy to me.

Oct 23, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 18
I'm sorry man, but people who are either too lazy or haven't the means to sign up to a secure site such as paypal, don't deserve to have the sort of business he's asking for. I say screw em, becuase if my hunch is right, he'd screw you given the chance. Paybid ? Get real. That just sounds like his way of trying to fool an ignorant buyer, who doesn't know the difference between paypal or paybid. You should really thank the stars that you've got all of us watching yer' back. Now save up a bit more, and go the legit route. You'll be thankful you did. Besides, what if something goes wrong with the player and you have to deal with this person ? That's where that extra money really pays off. You know it's true.

Edit: Have you taken a look at this guys "store" ? The things for sale are just incredibly random and weird. That right there should spell out "CAVEAT EMPTOR" for ya.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back